Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Bugs Archive < Refreshing Fountain Energy refresh buggy ?

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Demandred
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-26 12:51:52 — Link

I was exploring with my puma Rancallor and found an Refreshing Fountain on an Island an used it (I had 0 Energy cause of exploring) and it was writen that 5 energy of my pet are restored, which showed up when I still was at the Island.

After leaving the island the energy was 0 again (I did not explore another Island or anything else Energy consuming).

So could it be possible, that the fountain does not work properly atm ?

• Kayana
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-29 18:04:32 — Link

Something like this just happened to me.

I was exploring on Scylla, one of my unicorns. First trip out, five energy gone, I found a fountain. Used it, it said "Received five energy".. but her energy was 8.

I tried refreshing the page but still 8 energy and not 10.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-29 22:09:22 — Link

Kayana, are you sure that your pet had full energy before you entered the island? It looks like it had only 8 energy.

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-30 05:42:23 — Link

Are you guys sure you didn't lose any battles in the previous island? It's easy to mistakingly lose a battle and not realise that you've lost an energy because of it.

• Kayana
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-30 05:47:03 — Link

She had eight energy after getting the five. She had five previous to that.

And no, I hadn't lost any battles on Scylla.. this was her first island in Explore today. It was pretty weird.

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2013-03-30 22:12:23 — Link

Kayana, the energy amount on the page does not refresh, it stays the same from the beggining of exploring to the end. Maybe you lost energy, didn't see it as it didn't refresh, and thought there were no changes?

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

I love you more than the world, from the beginning to the end that'll never come.

• Kayana
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-31 03:18:38 — Link

Oookay.  ;)  Let me try explaining the series of events one more time.

My pet had -10- energy.

I took her into explore.

Now she has -5- energy. (Because we went into explore.)

Look, a fountain.

Fountain gives -5- energy.

5 + 5 should = 10

However, instead... 5 + 5 = 8.

That is what happened.

I refreshed the page simply to make sure it wasn't just a hiccup error in the page, but it was not.. the energy stayed -8- even though it should have been -10-.

I had fought nothing at that point (as you can see on the screenshot), so it wasn't due to battle loss, so there's no other reason I should be down 2 points when I'd just received 5, except that I didn't receive the full amount at all.

It just failed to give the 5 energy it was supposed to give, and instead gave 3.

• WolfLover
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-05 02:26:00 — Link

Kayana, that same thing happened to me as well. It was my unicorn as well.

Oookay.  ;)  Let me try explaining the series of events one more time.

My pet had -10- energy.

I took her into explore.

Now she has -5- energy. (Because we went into explore.)

Look, a fountain.

Fountain gives -5- energy.

5 + 5 should = 10

However, instead... 5 + 5 = 8.

That is what happened.

I refreshed the page simply to make sure it wasn't just a hiccup error in the page, but it was not.. the energy stayed -8- even though it should have been -10-.

I had fought nothing at that point (as you can see on the screenshot), so it wasn't due to battle loss, so there's no other reason I should be down 2 points when I'd just received 5, except that I didn't receive the full amount at all.

It just failed to give the 5 energy it was supposed to give, and instead Katana

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-04-05 03:59:51 — Link

Kayana, we restored the database dump for 16:30 March 29 and your pet Scylla has 6 energy there. She couldn't regenerate 4 points in ~1 hour unless you used the Energy Potion. Actually we see another bug - on the screenshot your pet has 8 energy instead of 7 but we didn't figure out yet why this happened.

• Kayana
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-05 08:00:54 — Link

Angel,

I didn't use an energy potion. It was her first time out. She had five energy. I used a fountain. Then it said she had eight.

I used no energy potions. It was her first time out for the day. I hadn't fought -any- monsters. I don't know how else to explain this situation at this point. She had five energy. She was supposed to get five from the fountain, but it only went up to 8. If the log shows she had six, then that was an additional bug.. all I can tell you is what happened from my end.

I'm starting to get a little frustrated at this point because I was trying to help by posting this bug, and all I've gotten is "Somehow you must have done it yourself", even though I've explained multiple times exactly what happened.

It sounds like two bugs, not just one, but I didn't do anything to cause either one. From my end, she should have had ten energy after the fountain, because she had five before the fountain. But she didn't. From your end, you see her as having had six energy, which would mean that despite the display saying 8, she actually only got one energy from the fountain instead of five or three. That is bug number two.

But I did nothing other than enter the island and drink from the fountain. No potions. No enemies fought. No nothing. Just entered the island, and drank from the fountain, as the screenshot clearly shows.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-04-05 17:32:14 — Link

Kayana, once more, your pet had 6 energy in half an hour before entering island, not 10. It's logged in DB dumps, we're storing all the data every hour. She couldn't regenerate 4 energy points in this half an hour, only one. At the moment right after visiting island she should have 6 +1 (hourly regeneration) - 5 (for island visit) +5 (for fountain) = 7. She could get 10 only if you used energy potion before entering the portal but you confirmed that you didn't use it. The fountain gave you full 5 energy, and this is reflected on your screenshot and matches the data from dumps. So there's no bugs here, maybe one additional energy point but I suppose that this is just 1 hour time difference between logs and the new time after the clock change.

• Kayana
  • User

Posted at 2013-04-05 20:16:03 — Link

There's a definite bug there then. Because I had just logged on a while before, hadn't been on since the day before, and took her out after exploring with one or two other pets. She should have had 10 energy, not six. She hadn't been touched for long enough to have full energy, and her energy said 10.

I'd have no idea how to recreate this. :P Nor do I have any idea why she should actually have 6 energy when it said 10 energy, or why she would have six energy after sitting overnight without me logged in.

That's utterly bizarre. Hopefully it's just a one time bug, but as at least two other people in the thread have had similar discrepancies, there still may be some sort of intermittent issue with either the energy display or the fountain use themselves.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla