Boards < Community < Writing < Name suggestion thread

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Delira
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-23 22:03:23 — Link

Ever had a character mapped out perfectly in your head? What makes them twitch, who they could/would/will fall in love with, how they talk, how they look, how they normally interact with people, would react to anything, but you just can't find a name that suits them?

Well, look no further! Here, post as much or as little about your character as you think is needed, because if you don't have the answer, maybe a random stranger on the internet does!

So feel free to suggest or request names below!

Majority rules. Therefore... we stink!

• willow(rose)
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-26 05:25:54 — Link

I need some names for quite a few of my pets. Do you have any ideas?

• Crosmere
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-29 12:12:59 — Link

I know the feeling of not knowing what name to choose!

I'll write down a couple I like(which I find in random name books: either exactly as I find them or altered slightly to fit another gender or something):

Girls:

• Kamaria-African, like the lionesse
  • Kefira - Hebrew, young lionesse
  • Keya - daughter of the fiery one
  • Alula - winged friend
  • Armida - little warrior
  • Diameantra - adjusted from Diamanta - Greek, unconquerable
  • Durenna - adjusted from Dunetta - Spanish, little steadfast one

Boys:

• Alauno - adjusted from something I didn't write down
  • Conroy - Irish, hound of the plain
  • Rohin - Hindi, the upwards path
  • Sheridan - eternal treasure
  • Takodah - adjusted from Takoda - friend to all
  • Villard - adjusted from Willard - strong willed, resolute
  • Xenos - Greek, stranger

I hope I've helped someone!

• Crosmere
  • User

Posted at 2013-06-12 11:04:22 — Link

Adding to what I said before:

I am always making up new names for my pets. Soem of these names are words I like which I have heard before (such as Perindae, which I think is the scientific name for a deer species) and others I make up to suit the pet.

• chillypeper
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-27 06:05:41 — Link

i have a grypnoh named solaris if thats a cool name ^.^

• chillypeper
  • User

Posted at 2014-02-27 06:06:41 — Link

i have just bred my first male throdama ( since i have 4 girls + one unknown ) and i want a cool name 4 him

• Shinichi
  • User

Posted at 2014-03-07 01:19:09 — Link

I have a thing for naming my pets after testing a certain name and rolling it around to see if it suits them. Sometimes, the first suggestion that comes into my mind fits perfectly already. I just started playing here, but I've played many pet-keeping games, so I've made a lot of names too~

I also use colors and gems.

ex:

Shiro - Japanese for white

Kuro - Japanese for black

Jaunes - French for Yellow

Gris - French for gray

Then I alter them until it fits right.

• Jamara
  • User

Posted at 2014-05-10 17:14:28 — Link

Really, I think the best names you'll ever find are in foreign languages dictionaries :)

I mean it-just as Shinichi-san posted before me, colors are great option (I have pets named Kuro, Shiro and Gris as well, so I was all "oh, lol, somebody things just like me"), but then again, my first unicorn there is named tear in Japanese because I like the sound of this word. (If it ever become possible here to get twins, I'm gonna name them Twilight and Dawn in Japanese, just because they sound great, too)

Next thing with names is, they sound great if there's and "el", ""F" or doubled "L" in them, for example: Ellen, Melf, Fael...whoops, I mean, in my native language "e" is read close to how "a" is read in English, so that names sound soft but wise.

Oh, and last thing with languages-why not use numbers? I mean, I don't know if anybody wants to name their pets- or characters- let's say un, troix(1,3 in French) or eins (german: one), but come on! *gets into Japanese mode* Roku(6) or Kyu(9) or even Hachi (8) sound cute, aren't they?

Dancing in the dazzling light, countless feathers goes to a white place...

They become endless bond, leaving fading ache...

"Yakusoku no hane~White feathers"

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla