Boards < General < Help < Mutagen changed gene AND switched dominant to recessive?

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Caribou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-22 05:46:31 — Link

Okay, so my unicorn Kalika had Solid Horn as dominant- a result of a mutagen used on her a while ago. I just used another mutagen on her, and it changed her Solid Horn to Diamond Horn- but switched it to recessive???
I've never had this happen before, and was wondering if that is something that's supposed to happen with a mutagen or not. O.o Excluding this one, she's had two mutagens used on her without this dominant-recessive switch happen, and I haven't read anywhere that the mutagen does this. I'm wondering if this is a bug or not...?

• stephofd
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-22 05:59:21 — Link

This isn't a bug.  Dominance is relative, it depends on what the other gene is.  Kalika's other gene is Normal Horn, which is recessive to Solid Horn but dominant to Diamond Horn.  The only way to get a dominant Diamond Horn, is for the other gene to be either Diamond Horn or Magic Horn.  You can look at various genes' dominance by looking at the List of Genes under the Help tab.  In that list, dominance is called "genetic power".

• Caribou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-22 06:04:36 — Link

stephofd- Ohhhhhh I see. That's good to know! Thanks for enlightening me on the matter. ^.^ I never knew that genetic power had anything to do anything but maybe heroic offspring or something... xD;

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla