Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Bugs Archive < Another strange thing happening on islands

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Amberfly
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-20 20:36:45 — Link

I was exploring with one of my gryphons just now when something went funny with the animation. I tried to move him with the arrow key and he got stuck (the move arrow was visible on the map, but the gryphon icon didn't move for 5 seconds or so). So I refreshed the page because that unsticks them sometimes, and the gryphon icon vanished from the map, then flew across the screen from the far left (off the map) into the square I was originally trying to move him to. This is the second time this glitch has occurred. I couldn't get a screenshot because it happened too fast. It's not a game-altering thing, just weird, and I don't think it's intentional. I'm on an Inspiron laptop with Windows 8, running Firefox, if that helps.

• Viriagan
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-20 23:52:18 — Link

This happens to me quite often (and to be perfectly honest, I don't mind. It's so amusing to watch dragons glide across the screen xD)

I may be wrong of course, so don't take my word for it - but speaking from experience, I think the islands tend to lag like that when you temporarily lose internet connection?

From the small crumbs of earth
from the fleece of summer eve
from the memory of a single seed

• Amberfly
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-21 00:57:27 — Link

The connection I was on is the public one on my college campus (this time--I don't remember where I was the last time it happened). With that network, I don't get automatic reconnections--if the connection sputters or goes out I have to manually reconnect, and since that didn't happen this time I don't think that's the cause here. I have island lag with almost any connection I use, though, including my home one, which is a FiOs connection and should not have that kind of lag.

I agree it can be amusing when they do this, especially winged pets like dragons, but I figured that if it's a legitimate glitch and not just something on my end it ought to be reported.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-21 01:18:04 — Link

This happens when something is interrupting the explore process (for example, connection to server was lost) and the script needs to synchronize position of the pet. Since there's no data about the previous position, the animation starts from top left corner. Sorry for the inconveniece.

• Nimarkiva
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-21 19:11:57 — Link

I was wondering what was up with that- I thought it was my computer being wonky, though, so I hadn't reported it as a  bug. Nice to know that it isn't my laptop.

Looking to buy Cactus Melons. If you're selling or trading any, please message me, I'd love to work something out.

• _Indii_
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-25 18:58:14 — Link

I have the same thing with my gryphon although it was stuck there for like a day or two before I went exploring again and I was finally able to move him. I think islands are very laggy but my connection didn't go out so I'm not sure how it happened.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla