Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Bugs Archive < Strange coincidence or bug? (Catching wild pets)

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Teilchen
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-19 14:52:56 — Link

I wasn't sure where to post this, it could be just a really huge coincidence kind of thing, but it's really quite strange.

Ever since I joined I never caught a wild Roc. Caught isn't even the right word. I never even saw one. Until I build the Cartographers Guild I didn't think much of it really. I figured I just always missed them.

But now that I have the Cartographers Guild I still haven't seen a single Roc. I built the guild on march 8th, so that's 11 days without a Roc and if we just assume I really never had a Roc on the map since I joined, that's roughly 24 days.

It just strikes me as a huge coincidence?

Edit: Just to clarify, when I say I never "saw" one I'm talking about them never being in the logs and never being visible with the guild either. It's like they don't exist for me. xD

Edit II: Just to show the logs, they only go back to the 11th though. (Click the small picture to go to the bigger, readable one)

"In a highly exceptional reality the non-exceptional can, for convenience sake, be written off as paradoxically exceptional."
Murakami Haruki

(Avatar and Signature art made by Kai)

• DragonSage
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-19 14:59:21 — Link

You might have to catch some of the animals currently roaming to free a den up so that a roc can generate.

• Teilchen
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-19 15:01:08 — Link

Oh, trust me, I'm catching pets left and right. If I would have to guess how many pets I caught since I joined, I would say... 30-50? Often the map is completely empty because I caught everything again.

"In a highly exceptional reality the non-exceptional can, for convenience sake, be written off as paradoxically exceptional."
Murakami Haruki

• DragonSage
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-19 15:02:39 — Link

Don't know then, it seems quite odd to me.

• SpaceShipRat
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-20 12:58:23 — Link

i can go 5 days without seeing a particular pet, but 11 is a bit much. Hey, you know what would be a great member perk? faster den refill.

• Teilchen
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-21 22:30:24 — Link

After all this time, a Roc finally appeared just now. Phew. Not a bug, just a really weird coincidence, yay. Can be closed. :3

Murakami Haruki

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-21 22:39:08 — Link

Sorry, I just get to this thread. The probability of spawning a pet of every species is equal. Although any statistics is hard to observe on a single player level. There are can be coincidences like not getting the certain species for 2 weeks or getting only one species for several days.

Sorry once more for not replying earlier.

• Teilchen
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-21 23:03:10 — Link

No worries, Angel. :3 I'm just glad a Roc finally decided to join the fun on my map after ~3 weeks, lol. Sorry for the inconvenience of a wrong bug report. :)

Murakami Haruki

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla