Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < Gene Organization

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 19:31:05 — Link

Quote from the geneticist's description: "Allows to select what gene to research instead of random researching."
Thing is, since the dominant/recessive genes can be in either column it's still hard to target exactly what you want to research. For example, you can get a guess which is dominant from their stats but then you still only have a 50/50 chance of researching the gene you want for that pair.

I think it would be tremendously helpful to have it so the dominant gene is always on the right, and the recessive gene the left, so we can truly target which gene we want to research.

However even if that isn't done, it's okay. The geneticist is still very helpful.

Edit: This may very well not be necessary, I didn't know that, about what is in the FAQ. I've left it with a line-through, just in case while I experement some more, but I think what we have now may be fine..

• hicaniplay
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 20:01:20 — Link

... But then how will you know which genes came from which parent?

If you play Aywas and would accept BP in return for pets/silver/items, message me! :D

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 20:12:28 — Link

Are they ordered by parent right now? XD

I honestly haven't noticed,

Personally I don't really feel it matters which gene comes from who anyway. That information isn't really relevant for breeding better pets, only which genes the baby has, not where they came from.

Edit:

As far as I can tell, that isn't the case. Genes from either parent can switch columns. So if that is a concern, it's already unreliable.

• hicaniplay
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 20:34:48 — Link

Left are genes from the mom, right are genes from the dad. Read the FAQ under "How do I read the genetics chart?".

And you're right, it doesn't really matter, but I think it's a neat little thing. And it definitely helps to pinpoint genes without researching them all (early game I test bred a boy and found out all his genes through his offspring and it makes it easier to see what a partially researched kid has when the parents are gene tested - cuts the possibilities in half right off the bat). 

I haven't used the geneticist before, does it limit you to only one choice or something? Why not just use two vermillion and $200? 

If you play Aywas and would accept BP in return for pets/silver/items, message me! :D

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 20:49:17 — Link

With the genetisisct, you can click each gene slot individually to research that slot.

But I see that in the faq, if it is true this doesn't need to be done. I think we can figure it out with some common sense. Thank you. :)

Lemme play around a bit more but that does really help, thanks again.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla