Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < Explore Power Ups

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• shilar
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 17:31:01 — Link

I think it would be fantastic if we had an inventory of  "battle items" available while exploring.

The idea is temporary power ups, that only come from chests to begin with so they will be semi rare. I think buying them even for gold might be too much of an advantage to certain players. If they are sold I think they should be expensive and in silver so everyone has access.

The temporary power ups last for the duration of a map (not full explore). IF they were full explore they should end at 0 energy so folks can't just keep downing energy potions and keep their power ups.

• So say you see a gen 1 boss mob and want to have a go at it so you use a "critical chance increase" power up and try.
  • Maybe you are close to level so you want to use a "Dodge ability increase" to hopefully win all your map fights.

There could be all sorts of power ups. Maybe just straight stats which are more common to the rarer ability like crit , dodge increase or perhaps a "toughness" that reduces your chance of being crit - being rarer.

Just a few ideas! I'd love to hear feedback and suggestions on other power ups or how they could be worked if there are any. :)

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 18:24:50 — Link

Hmm, while I don't want breeding to take a back seat to anything I do think there is a lot of potential here.

I support, but it would have to be done carefully.

Maybe they could cost energy to use, like all that extra dodging will make exploring cost three energy or something. I dunno, I just don't want it to overshadow breeding.

It may be good idea is to let us build some power-ups with items that don't have many uses right now, like making adamantine armor that boosts max HP for a certain number of battles before it's destroyed. Seashell charms, just, anything. It doesn't have to make a lot of sense. XD

Edit:

Oooh, I forgot to add, I'm fine with some weird items that do things that gene's can't. Like a magnetite charm that allows the pet to gather items in tiles around it without touching them.

• shilar
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 18:43:57 — Link

I agree on the breeding being a primary focus of the game but I like the idea of somethings being outside that realm to add a little "spice".

I think creating buildings is a great idea so your concept of building the items is fantastic! If certain items required those currently useless ingredients *and* required special stats (say dodge power up requires high agility) that could tie together the exploring, breeding for stats and crafting quite nicely.

• koben
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 21:28:37 — Link

i would support crafting "timed" battle up powers for exploring only NO PvP unless both players agree to it ... (like this player allows for the use of boosts.) (for this battle boosts will not be used)

i would say instead of energy/uses its just timed - this item will only last a couple hours After activated. Then you dont have to worry about taking 4 hours to craft the item (or chunks of coin) and only getting to use it for one map.

the Building related to making this items could be called the Herbatarium - the boosts would be made from certain resources.

there could even be a stat potion that influences a creatures stats passing on like:

father = 100 strength, drinks point the offstping would get +10% of that  to its str stat at birth.

ONLY males can drink stat potions or only one stat potion can be used per breeding.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla