Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < Increase Townhall payout

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 07:53:29 — Link

As the title says, this suggestion is about increasing the payout of the townhall.

A lot of people might think, "The maximum townhall already pays out 1k a day, that seems like plenty given that over a long period of time it's 100% profit, right?"

This is only true if you have no pets though.

Most people have lots of pets, with an ever-expanding stable size and number, and it will continue to grow over the forseeable future. 

The problem with this growing population, is that without exploring a lot of your pets, you don't make enough money to feed and support all of the pets you can have.

That is why, my proposal, is that the town hall gives you enough money to feed all of the pets you can have given a full stable and equally leveled stable.

This would break down to the following:
Townhall lvl 1 would give you enough money to feed 20 pets (the maximum you can have without expanding the stable) at 18 food per day pet pet, for a total of 360 coins.

Townhall 2/Stable 2 would give you enough to feed 50 pets; 18*50=900
Townhall 3/Stable 3 = 100 pets*18 = 1800 coins
Townhall 4/Stable 4 = 200 pets*18 = 3600 coins

Essentially what this means is that people that regardless of whether you like to just collect pets, just breed them, just battle them, no matter what you like to do on the site, you'd have enough money to keep all of your pets without them getting taken away from you (for not having enough money to feed them all) as long as you expanded your townhall at the same rate you expanded your stable.

I know that while we're in beta that no pets can be taken away, but in order to prevent this from becoming an issue later I feel like more passive income needs to be made, and this is the simplist way to do it.

As always, feel free to like/dislike/comment/etc; and thanks for reading!

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 08:49:16 — Link

No support. The payout for doing the quests, even the more normal ones, should be more than enough to pay for feeding. Unlike exploring, sending pets out to do quests doesn't even require hours of our time.
But I've also supported some kind of auto-explore feature for pets to find some amount of things that way. I personally feel this is a better compromise to deal with how time-consuming exploring with enough pets to find food and other materials.

Also the feature to have them seized was disabled. I thought the FAQ had been changed but maybe it hasn't yet. I think it was disabled permanently too, like even once beta is over it won't be put into place.

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 11:10:32 — Link

No support. The payout for doing the quests, even the more normal ones, should be more than enough to pay for feeding. Unlike exploring, sending pets out to do quests doesn't even require hours of our time.
But I've also supported some kind of auto-explore feature for pets to find some amount of things that way. I personally feel this is a better compromise to deal with how time-consuming exploring with enough pets to find food and other materials.

Also the feature to have them seized was disabled. I thought the FAQ had been changed but maybe it hasn't yet. I think it was disabled permanently too, like even once beta is over it won't be put into place.

Honesty if your only defense is that quests already pay out enough money, that's pretty thin.

There are people on this site that are really only interested in collecting all of the different colors of pets, not in raising, exploring, etc. so those people wont have pets with special abilities to get the high-paying quests.

Also, I was under the impression that the pounding of un-fed pets was only disabled for the beta, not permanently. Kindly direct me to any information regarding this changes permanence if you may.

Regardless of the inclusion of auto-explore or not, which has neither been confirmed nor denied, I'd still like to see the income of the townhall more balanced to be in line with the money earned through questing; even if the result of such balancing is to nerf he amount of money quests produce -- seeing as currently quests are the #1 and essentailly, the only good way to earn any money at all.

• DragonSage
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 13:12:16 — Link

I agree with Ankokou. I think you can make enough money through exploring, quests, breeding and selling. Too much free money would lead to high inflation costs in the long term

• RedRarebit
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 14:00:16 — Link

This might ease your mind; The post where the coder said this wouldn't be implemented in the release.

I think something does have to be done about the amount of food fed per day, but I don't think more money from townhall is the way to do it. I made a few suggestions here but nothing seems to have come of it.

* Winter is coming *

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 16:35:14 — Link

If they aren't exploring at all, their pets aren't strong enough to do any quests, where did  they get the materials to upgrade their stable and town hall, hmm?
If they are buying it all, surely they can afford to train pets in the ridinghall to level them and do quests. Heck, if you can afford the price some of this stuff is selling for right now you have more than enough to feed your pets in the first place.

I've also seen higher level pets for sale that would meet the requirements for some of these quests, and even sold a few myself. Furthermore if they are just breeding there are quests that pay extremely well that just require one good gene.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla