Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < More reasonable bid values?

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• RainbowCharizard
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 02:17:07 — Link

ImgItemQuantityStart BidCurrent BidBuyoutBidsTime Remain
Change Sex 1 2147483647 no 2147483647 0 1 days 17 hrs 53 mins
Magic Bomb 1 9999999 no 0 0

15 days 22 hrs 20 mins

Ok I think there should be a maximum "value" an item could possibly be worth to prevent people from making things cost way too much! For example, the highest value (insert item name here) could be worth would be (instert fair amount here).

Probably they do this so the item wouldn't take space in their inventory!

EDIT: OK NEVER MIND OF ALL THAT! LOOK AT KOBEN'S IDEA IT'S WAY BETTER THAN THIS, PEOPLE, JUST SAYING! Koben's idea was that when items are put up for bid, they should still take up room in your inventory until they're sold.

• RedRarebit
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 02:30:55 — Link

Thats exactly why they do it, and it's something that needs to be looked at. I'm not really sure what measures can be put in place. Having a 'maximum' value is tricky, because different items may be worth different amounts to different peope (different-!). 

* Winter is coming *

• DragonSage
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 02:32:13 — Link

I support it, as long as there is no maximum limit to how much a bid can go (in otherwords in the future if there is a very rare item and people get into a bidding war, there isn't a glass ceiling to prevent the bids from going too high)

• koben
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 02:54:23 — Link

no support ... if a person wants to try and sell an item for 9bizzilion coin let them ... it probaly wont sell. BUT the game SHOULD NOT go this is the max you can ever get for such and such an item.

what NEEDS to be done is that when an item is being auction it is still "in" your inventory like creatures are. this will help decrease the frequency of those kinda numbers.
 as they are most likly using the auctions as a gallery/storage ... any after that are just weird.

• RainbowCharizard
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 02:54:31 — Link

Yes, Dragon Sage! The bids made by other people should go as high as they please!

• Mouse
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 02:58:13 — Link

I won't mind a max start as long as it is updated often to go with it's value, but I think that koben's idea might be better.

I call Vermillion "Vermi"

I occasionally use an IPad- please excuse spellcheck.

• shilar
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 03:00:39 — Link

Removed what I said before since I reread Koben's idea. That is great hehe.

Since pets stay in your inventory until sold I don't see why items can't. :)

• RainbowCharizard
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 03:07:36 — Link

Wow, I just saw koben's idea! I never even thought of that, but it's much more convenient than mine. I even like that idea more than mine~

^.^' heheh.... See this is why lots of beta testers is good!

• Nocturnal
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 06:19:59 — Link

No support.  It's basic economics.  The item will not sell for that much so no body is hurt by it.  

• RedRarebit
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 12:53:07 — Link

Support to the 'stays in inventory idea' - its nothing to do with economics, its blatently trying to dodge the system.

* Winter is coming *

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla