Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < Fog of War

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-17 03:05:44 — Link

So, recently I built an inn and finally got to experience the splendor of the Traveling Magician revealing the entire map when I'm exploring islands! This makes exploring SO MUCH FASTER that it's practically criminal how much time exploring takes without it!

So, I was thinking, the Cartographer's guild is like a mapping service... it tracks wild pets so we can know where they are and use that information to catch them. Wouldn't it be nice if the cartographer's guild could also be used to eliminate the Fog of War while exploring in much the same way?

So my suggestion is to add an upgrade to the cartographer's guild that will permanently unveil the map while exploring.

Admittedly, without this one could just use invites to keep this effect forever but still, I think it'd be nice to make this a permanent ability.

This would be a pretty powerful upgrade so I could imagine it'd be very costly (like all of the lvl 5 upgrades are). I'd say it'd be good if the upgraded involved all of the precious gems since currently each of them only have 1 or two uses -- so this upgrade would keep them valuable.

Anyways, as always feel free to like/dislike/comment/etc. Thanks for reading.

• koben
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-17 03:29:07 — Link

no support cause then it takes half of one of the gene's effects away, even more than the invite does already.

Acute eyesight Sense Organs 50 Increases Critical Strike chance by 30%. Doubles the field of view on island exploration.

its useable by all species so far so.

• Restless
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-17 03:30:14 — Link

I like it :) Pets with acute vision are also awesome to explore with for the same reason.

• DragonSage
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-17 03:38:12 — Link

No support, for the exact reason koben mentioned

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-17 04:38:57 — Link

Honestly Acute Eyesight is already VERY powerful just because of the 30% increase crit strike chance. When my heavy hitting pets crit, they 1-shot most mobs.

I don't understand how you mean this would take away more than the invite does already. The invite reveals the ENTIRE MAP making the double sight useless. The building would provide the exact same effect, only permanently.

Based on precedence that the cartographer's guild already makes useless the clairvoyant invite --

"An invitation for a Clairvoyant to visit your land. The next guest in your inn will be a Clairvoyant. He allows you to see the current position of the wild pets on the map."

I feel like this isn't unprecidented for a building to take on the same function of an invite only in a permanent manner. Plus the fact that this upgrade could be VERY costly means that a lot of players would not have it for a while - just like the cartographer's guild already is pretty hard to build.

Plus, if this was implemented Acute Eyesight could even be tweaked to provide a different and/or additional function -- not that it's not already the best sight gene in the game BESIDES petrifying gaze, which only Cockatrices can get.

• Restless
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-17 05:05:22 — Link

Agree with irrimn. Although I like the way acute eyesight works, I wouldn't complain about a building upgrade to get rid of the fog of war because exploring is fairly unbearable and I support anything to make it universally quicker xD

(Cartogrpaher's Guild also makes Observers useless.)

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-17 05:08:34 — Link

An invitation for a Clairvoyant to visit your land. The next guest in your inn will be a Clairvoyant. He allows you to see the current position of the wild pets on the map."

The great thing about the redundant invites is they are a cheaper method than building a structure initially, at least once you have an inn. I don't mind if there are invites that do the same thing as major structures.

That said, I don't support. Being able to see the entire map is a very powerful ability and should be limited.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla