Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < Unread Message Alert

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Hannah
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-17 02:34:48 — Link

Even though it says "1 unread" or whatever amount in the corner, I was thinking that a little pop-up could be made where, as soon as you get a new message, it pops-up on the top of the page. A medium sized box or something. Support? {EDIT: This is what I had meant, not the 'pop-up' idea, exactly. "Maybe not a pop-up, but some way of making the notification more, well, noticable? There seems to be enough space between the Site Logo and the little Envelope to be able to put something in bold and a different colour telling you that there's something new, even if it's something like 'Notification' or something simple like that." <--- not by me, but this is what I mean :O}

Just a tip: I HATE bad grammar, I am a great grammar freak! I hate it when People Talk Just Like This ALL Of The Time, jst lik tis all of the tme, and when people don't capitalize correctly. If you do this, I will most likely ignore you, by the way!

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-17 02:56:01 — Link

Personally I hate annoying pop-ups for ANYTHING in websites. I don't even like the battle notifications when you lose a battle on an island because you have to click to close them. (I'd rather it just kicked me out and gave me a "you lost and were kicked out of the island" on the screen AFTER the re-direct.

So obviously I do NOT support more pop-ups being added.

If it was an option that someone could enable under their account then I guess support for those that WANT it, but not enabled by default.

I hate pop-ups.

• RedRarebit
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-17 03:07:55 — Link

Maybe not a pop-up, but some way of making the notification more, well, noticable? There seems to be enough space between the Site Logo and the little Envelope to be able to put something in bold and a different colour telling you that there's something new, even if it's something like 'Notification' or something simple like that.

So, no support to the pop-up idea, but support for the idea of making it more visible.

* Winter is coming *

• Hannah
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-17 23:42:03 — Link

Yes! That was what I was talking about!! Please, let me re-word it :O

Just a tip: I HATE bad grammar, I am a great grammar freak! I hate it when People Talk Just Like This ALL Of The Time, jst lik tis all of the tme, and when people don't capitalize correctly. If you do this, I will most likely ignore you, by the way!

• Mouse
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-17 23:44:29 — Link

Maybe the envelope could turn bright green, or another color to be more noticeable.

I call Vermillion "Vermi"

I occasionally use an IPad- please excuse spellcheck.

• shilar
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-17 23:46:02 — Link

I like the suggestion with Mouse's idea - Turning color is a great eye catcher.

• DragonSage
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 01:13:01 — Link

I think the text already turns red when there's a new message in there.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla