Boards < General < General Chat < What do you guys do with your special items?

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• NiteThorn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-15 09:32:10 — Link

Just a discussion-starter :D

I just found a Change Sex, which I'm saving in case, but I also found a Bamboo Berries. I'm debating on whether I should use it to bump up one of my underpowered babies, who are in the red, or feed it to Power Fang, who already gets a strength increase as it is...

Leaning more towards Fang.

So what about you guys? What do you guys do with those rare, hard-to-find items? I mean, besides the energy drinks, I know everyone's focused on getting their favorites up to 50...

Exhibited Sim: YukiBaby #23145

FanFiction: xXFrostKittenXx #4390707

A few bits of silver is nothing in real life...but it can be the difference between a stable expansion and limiting your breeding goals.

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-15 10:39:56 — Link

I sell them.

But if you plan on using them, use them one pets that already have boosts! Since positive/negative stat modifiers round down, putting it on a pet with a negative modifyer would give LESS THAN 1 stat (in the case of getting a 1 roll) and because of that you need more stats to break even. On a positive modifier, say like, 25% increase, then every 4 points in the stat gives a bonus point! So then really strong pets just get even more awesome!

Other than the immediate benefit/profit, I say hang on to them before you use them all willy-nilly until you have better pets, maybe. Like right now, no one really has amazing pets yet. Genes need to be bred in/out and levels need to be made to get genetic power level... eventually though, people will have GPL 3 level 50 babies with amazing genes! And when that time comes, they'll want to maximize their stats making these items not only incredibly valuable, but also useful.

• Amberfly
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-15 17:58:50 — Link

I use the ones I find, but usually I wait till I have a need for them. For instance, when I need a pet with 60 constitution and I have one with 58. They're rare enough that they don't fill up my inventory quickly.

• lililira
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-16 05:37:30 — Link

I hoard them if I might need them in the future, but a lot of them I have plans for. I have 17 Rainbow Jars, and a halfway finished puma base that I really need to work on, but I'm being lazy and unmotivated.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla