Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < Longer pet list or view all

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-14 10:04:59 — Link

So, some others may have noticed this already, particularly people that already have 30+ pets -- that pet groups aren't exactly the ideal solution to pet management. This is especially true if you specialize in only a couple breeds. Currently a page of pets only holds 20 pets, and then you have to click the next page button down at the bottom of the page... every time you visit that group.

My suggestion, first off, is to allow us to set a number of pets per page shown higher than 20. I understand why this may not be a desireable solution for both people with slow internet, computers, or for the server in general since it'd have to return more info with each page load. I feel like that's why it is preferable to have it be an option people can choose, like 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 or something.

While that would be my personal preference, if that doesn't work I have other solutions in mind.

My first solution is to allow us a "master group" of pets where there wont be any limit on the pets loaded per page. This solution should actually couple well with the groups since it wouldn't be an actual group, or a no group. I'd essentially be a "view all pets" button that lets you see a complete list of pets regardless of what groups they are actually in. I feel like this would be preferential because then I could actually put my pets in groups by breed and not have to click through them over and over (since it defaults to no group every time you load the pets page) when I am just exploring everyone's energy down. I'd actually really like this to be implemented even IF they allowed more than 20 pets to be displayed on a page since being able to view your entire collection of pets at once has uses regardless.

My last idea, and this is more of a bare minimum fix to having to scroll down and clock through pet groups, would be adding a page selector at the TOP of the pet page. Currently there is only one at the bottom, so if you have a group larger than 20 pets you have to click the group, scroll down to the bottom, and click the next page button every time you want to access a pet that's on the other page. Of course, once people start getting even more pets (200 pets anyone?) this problem will only compound on itself.

Anyways. So those are my suggestions. I know it was more like 3 suggestions but they all regard the same problem, so. Feel free to like/dislike/comment/etc.

• koben
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-14 19:36:32 — Link

support master pet tab

• NiteThorn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-14 19:41:44 — Link

I would support the master list, but it would probably be easier on the server if it was just that: a list. Take out the pictures, and that should ease the load on the server for loading so much information, correct me if I'm wrong.

Exhibited Sim: YukiBaby #23145

FanFiction: xXFrostKittenXx #4390707

A few bits of silver is nothing in real life...but it can be the difference between a stable expansion and limiting your breeding goals.

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-14 20:33:00 — Link

I'd be perfectly fine with just a simple list as long as it still listed their energy, level, and breed (as a text link of course). I still have a lot of "nameless" pets because I don't know what to name them (since I have several pets that have the same exact look) and since you can only name them once (for free) I don't want to give them a stupid name I wont remember -- so just giving their name without more details would not suffice.

But anyways. If it was just a text list that'd actually be easier to work through (for the sake of exploring) than anything else. Although my computer and internet could easily handle images and all relevant information otherwise.

• Haberdasher
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-14 23:14:57 — Link

Support master list or being able to set the number of pets per page.

Edit: I wonder if more organizational options within groups would help as well. For instance, as it currently is, pets are automatically grouped from highest level to lowest level. Perhaps we could have the option to see them lowest level to highest, or by species, or by gender...?

#33507 on Aywas

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-15 08:06:33 — Link

Support master list or being able to set the number of pets per page.

Edit: I wonder if more organizational options within groups would help as well. For instance, as it currently is, pets are automatically grouped from highest level to lowest level. Perhaps we could have the option to see them lowest level to highest, or by species, or by gender...?

^I like the idea of more sorting options but only if the server would remember how we like it sorted -- if you have to click the option every time the page loaded, it wouldn't save a page load anyways.

• NiteThorn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-15 09:10:14 — Link

Maybe your sort options can be accessed from your account page? That way you can save it like you save your other information, and it's simple to find and change.

Although coding-wise, I'm not sure if that would be more difficult than the master list. Probably is. But it's an idea ^.^

Exhibited Sim: YukiBaby #23145

FanFiction: xXFrostKittenXx #4390707

A few bits of silver is nothing in real life...but it can be the difference between a stable expansion and limiting your breeding goals.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla