Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < Cuttlefish Ink

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• NiteThorn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-14 09:17:46 — Link

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm absolutely drowning in Cuttlefish Ink. It was nice at first, then it got really annoying, really fast.

As far as I know, we only need 50 bottles of the stuff, and as far as I know, we use it all at once. I now have more than three times that amount, and no one will buy any, which I'm guessing is because they have so much themselves.

Ranting aside, I have two possible suggestions: 1) the chances of finding the stuff gets tweaked slightly so it's not so incredibly common. 2) Another recipe requires it. I know we just got the Manuscripts, but I don't believe Cuttlefish Ink is required to restore the pieces. That could be one possible outlet for the overflow of the stuff, but I'm completely open to suggestions on that last thought.

Exhibited Sim: YukiBaby #23145

FanFiction: xXFrostKittenXx #4390707

A few bits of silver is nothing in real life...but it can be the difference between a stable expansion and limiting your breeding goals.

• RainbowCharizard
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 03:13:04 — Link

Welll... Items common during beta may be super duper rare during the release.

For example, take the game Animal Jam. They had beta items that were really cheap (and taken for granted). Now those items are extremely rare. 

So maybe you may want to hold on to the cuttlefish ink. I know I am.

However, your option 2 was a pretty good idea, I support it.

• Imitatia

Posted at 2013-03-18 03:16:12 — Link

I agree with RainbowCharizard. I would hold on to the ink while you still have it. However, option 2 is a great idea as well.

Hey everyone!

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 04:05:07 — Link

I was actually just thinking of making a suggestion topic for this!

One thing I think they could do is allow us to make blueprints in our library using some metal (maybe adamantine because it's seemingly the rarest metal; the metal is to craft a pen)+ wood (wood to make paper although maybe cotton would work too since we could use cloth to write on and cotton is rare also) + ink (to fill the pen, obviously) .

Of course, this would give ink a re-useable purpose since then schematics and blueprints would have a predeterminate value (the cost of all the materials to make a blueprint) and they could make it take enough ink to cut down on our ink supplies!

Then, ink would get more rare as people balanced the cost of supplies to make blueprints with the cost of just buying the bluerpints themselves off the auction house.

Of course, in release I think they need to make blueprints even more rare since they're getting pretty common and cheap since 90% of them are only worth using ONCE and that's it.

OF course this still leads to the inevitable problem where everyone on the site has all of the blueprints and blueprints are completely worthless...

What to do with the extra blueprints is beyond me.

EDIT: Additionally I think it'd be nice if we could make invites and scrolls the same way! If we could make invites and scrolls, then ink would be VERY valuable since those are premium items as it is.

• Amberfly
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 04:39:15 — Link

I hadn't noticed this until it was pointed out, but you're right--I've got 550 cuttlefish ink in my inventory and I've already built my Cartograhers' Guild, which only requires 50 and is the only recipe that needs ink. I really like the idea of making invites and scrolls with it. I would think that the market for those would be almost endless because they're so useful and you can only use them once.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla