Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < Delete Posts/Threads

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Imitatia

Posted at 2013-03-14 06:17:36 — Link

Sometimes, I feel the need to delete my own posts or topics. For example, I might be finished with my topic "Buying/Borrowing pet with 60 constitution". After you are done with this thread, you might want to start something else, for example, another topic with "Inventory Sales". However, in this case, I wouldn't want to create the topic, as I feel like I am spamming the boards :o

So I think we should be able to delete posts that we don't need. Of course, this ability would only be valid on your OWN posts, as it would be chaos if it wasn't.

Does anyone have an ideas/suggestions/support? Thank you for reading this ^.^

Hey everyone!

• Malfunction
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-14 12:41:41 — Link

I just edit the title as "Closed" and post the new topic. Or you can just recycle the thread, rename it to what you need, then edit the first post.

Though I'm unsure of how forums are coded nowadays, if thread just becomes "hidden", so mods/admins can still see it, just not regular users, I can see this working. c:

---

But if threads are truly deleted, like absolutely gone and no one can get it back/see it, it seems open to abuse by trolls, as they can delete evidence. Sure, you might counter with, multiple people saw and reported it, even with screenshot.

But screenies can be photoshopped, person might actually be innocent, and are being accused by multiple people to get that person banned on purpose.

I know, both scenarios seem unlikely, but I've been on a large forum in the past, where it kinda went that way as there was too many trolls and fake reports, and so little mods, that it was quicker to just massban >.>

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla