Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < Inventory Overflow

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• shilar
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-14 05:11:09 — Link

This would be an area that excess inventory gets out into (ie if your inventory is full and an extra item or reward you don't have is given to you it goes into the overflow).

To prevent people from abusing this excess, no access should be given to the overflow perhaps not even the ability to view it. Just an overflow tab telling you the number of items in it so no one is surprised if they missed the message that something was placed there and their inventory is full.

There could be a storage "tax" so people are discourage from using this and encouraged to work towards expanding their warehouse. It can start relatively small and work upwards as more items are added. If it gets to be too much perhaps there could be a "trash" and you lose everything in the overflow, there is no pick and choose allowed.

My thought is that this will discourage people from using the Item Trades as a form of storage. :)

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-14 05:55:16 — Link

I don't really like this idea. I feel like the inventory management system works great as it is already.

• NiteThorn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-14 09:11:35 — Link

Support. I've noticed items I've wanted or needed for something in the Item Trades, only to see it's the only lot for sale and it's for a ridiculous amount, and finding out later that it's only there for "storage." To me, it's kind of like that insurance commercial where that lady's insurance rep dangles cash in front of her with a fishing pole so he can yank it away. :(

Exhibited Sim: YukiBaby #23145

FanFiction: xXFrostKittenXx #4390707

A few bits of silver is nothing in real life...but it can be the difference between a stable expansion and limiting your breeding goals.

• Malfunction
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-14 12:12:10 — Link

No support, but also against people abusing Item trades for storage.

• Haberdasher
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-14 23:17:10 — Link

No support, but also against people abusing Item trades for storage.

^ Agreed on both counts.

#33507 on Aywas

• koben
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-14 23:22:40 — Link

no support for overflow BUT i would support having a pop up happen when you get an item too many that would give you the option to dump an item for it to replace at that moment.

And something needs to be done about using item trades for storage. (like the item still would hold an inventory slot like creatures do )

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla