Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Bugs Archive < Over the Stable Limit

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• RushingWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-14 03:43:11 — Link

So I was looking through my stable and noticed I had 1 more than I'm supposed to. I had lent a pet to a friend so I could borrow two pets so that I would have space for them. I'm guessing she returned the pet but I was already at the limit then so shouldn't it have told her that I couldn't accept more pets?

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-15 07:36:00 — Link

I think this is working as intended because what would you expect the behaviour to be otherwise? Should the site tell her your pet limit is reached and force her to keep the pet?  (Which btw would require it query about your pet count instead of just doing the transfer -- waste of resources and time) Should the site throw the pet into the pound instead? Burdening the user by placing hard limits usally detracts from a game. The limits in this game are soft limits the simply stop you from acquiring more while you're at/over the limit. They don't punish you for accidentally going over the limit -- which I feel like this is a really nice thing because otherwise I'd be stressing about my pet/item limit all the time and I would likely never try to get MORE pets/items from fear of punishment by the hard-limit. And then I'd likely quit this game because that's just not nice/fun/productive.

So really, we should just be glad this game uses soft-limits and respect the fact that while we can go over the limit on pets and items, we should try to be respectful and not do this, as much as possible.

• emmie1977
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-15 13:57:18 — Link

actually, i have found that if you try to transfer a pet to a user who has no more spaces, it tells you that you can't because of a lack of space 

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-16 02:37:24 — Link

RushingWolf, it's not a bug. This pet is over the limit because I transferred it to you manually through database to fix the problem with wrong pet id in tutorial for your referral. It doesn't affect anything except the number at the top of your Pets page.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla