Boards < General < Help < Pet catching with carthographer guild

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Mildnight
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-13 17:13:41 — Link

SO, I finally managed to build my cartographer guild, but the pet catching part seem a bit... confusing?

I figured if I placed a catcher of the right specie (eg: there was a puma at the creek. I placed a mamal catcher there) it would work, and catch the pet before they would "move".

But no. The message I got for all 3 of my catchers, who were placed on fitting spot was this: There's no one at -insert name of place-

So I guess I need to predict were they'll move? Or is it a bug? What stranger is that all four of the pets that where on my map at the time are still at the exact same spot. unless the two pumas exanged spot. or they went away and came back to the very same place... Can they skip a turn in moving? If they do, then why couldn't I catch them earlier? (considering they did not move for that turn, shouldn't my catchers at least have seen them?)

Still avatar-less? Want something personalised to represent you on-site? I might be able to help you! http://beastkeeper.com/thread/1577/#9243

• perfy
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-13 17:29:03 — Link

To catch a pet you have to place your catcher where you think the pet will go next, not where it is now. Catchers catch the pets as they arrive, not before they leave :)

• starbit
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-14 02:02:36 — Link

The Cartographer's Guild only tells you the current postion. It's great for tracking movments without having to spend any money on explorations. If you see a pet in a Den location you know that they will eventually return there so that is an important note. Also the pictures aren't what the pet will actually look like.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla