Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Bugs Archive < Creature appearing on capture screen but not there

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• shilar
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-12 23:35:45 — Link

I've been trying to catch a puma on my Capture pet screen for ages now. Each time I have put my catchers where the puma has been and where it is now. (the first few attempts I didn't know the commplete cycle and was guessing)

The catchers never so much as see the puma even though they are *right on the spot*. They have seen all other 5 creatures (I have a dryad active so more creatures) but the puma isn't even seen let alone chance to catch.

This might not be a bug but it seems fishy to me! I copied the log showing all the other creature/catcher interactions.

Event Log

Mar 12, 2013 22:04:30
Your catcher saw how a Roc flew from the Old Ruins to Waterfall.
Your catcher saw how a Cockatrice came from the Heart of the Forest to Waterfall.
Your Mammal catcher was attacked by a Roc at the Waterfall. Fortunately, no one was hurt.
Your Mammal catcher was attacked by a Cockatrice at the Waterfall. Fortunately, no one was hurt.
Your catcher saw how a Cockatrice came from the Waterfall to Big tree.
Your Mammal catcher was attacked by a Cockatrice at the Big tree. Fortunately, no one was hurt.
There's no one at Western Fields.
Mar 12, 2013 18:04:15
There's no one at Western Fields.
There's no one at Magic Glade.
Your catcher saw how a Roc flew from the Cave to Creek.
Your Mammal catcher found Roc at the Creek. Fortunately, the animal didn't notice him.
Mar 12, 2013 10:04:14
Your catcher saw how a Roc flew from the Old Ruins to Waterfall.
Your catcher saw how a Cockatrice came from the Heart of the Forest to Waterfall.
Your Mammal catcher was attacked by a Roc at the Waterfall. Fortunately, no one was hurt.
Your Mammal catcher was attacked by a Cockatrice at the Waterfall. Fortunately, no one was hurt.
Your catcher saw how a Cockatrice came from the Waterfall to Big tree.
Your Mammal catcher was attacked by a Cockatrice at the Big tree. Fortunately, no one was hurt.
There's no one at Eastern Fields.
Mar 12, 2013 06:04:17
There's no one at Eastern Fields.
There's no one at Big tree.
Mar 12, 2013 02:04:23
There's no one at Old Ruins.
There's no one at Heart of the Forest

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-13 01:02:00 — Link

shilar, you need to predict where Puma will go on the next cycle, and place your catcher there. As I see now, your Mammal catcher is placed right on the Puma den and Puma is there at this cycle. You're sending the expedition for the next cycle, and on the next cycle the den will be empty - Puma will go to hunt or to drink, and the catcher will see nothing and return with empty hands once more.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla