Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Bugs Archive < Gene dominance randomly switching while using mutagen.

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-12 11:07:49 — Link

I'm not quite sure how they work, so this very well may be intended.

However I noticed while giving Daria several mutagens tonight which gene was dominant had a tendency to switch. For example, I think at the start of it she had normal paws. A potion added spurs, and spurs was recessive. Another potion replaced spurs with agile paws, and agile paws became dominant. Another potion replaced that with spurs again, and it became recessive.

Normal organs was her dominant organ gene and a mutagen replaced that with electric gland. Her recessive organ gene, faint-heart, became dominant and electric-gland became recessive.

It all seems off to me. In my mind it makes sense the gene that was replaced should retain it's dominant or recessive state.

I have no idea if the data dump will be helpful but maybe it will include whatever was going on with the potions.

• perfy
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-12 11:15:28 — Link

Of the gene pair, whichever has more genetic power will become dominant, so in the case of your organs scenario:

Normal organs has a power of 70 and Faint-hearted has a power of 60, so Normal muscles was dominant, when Normal muscles was replaced with Electric gland, which has a power of 40 it was no longer the stronger of the two.

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-12 11:29:35 — Link

Thank you for explaining.

Sure makes the mutagens even more worthless though.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla