Boards < General < Help < Help!

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• KittySnatcher
  • User

Posted at 2023-07-04 17:24:21 — Link

So er, #1 does the Mantle have any purpose or did I waste money on that for nothing? #2  Also what's the difference between a deviant and a custom skin? #3 How do I make a custom skin. #4 What catcher do I use and where do I put him for catching gryphons? #5, what is "role playing" in beastkeeper and how does it work? Ik these questions probably aren't the most important,  but I forgot what my important question was so I instead decided to ask these so that I could know. I also want liquid deviance so bad but have no idea how to get it,  nor do I know if I'm able to get it. Ah yes, my important question was how do I delete inactive threads that I have?

"Really great people can make you feel that you too can become great"

I offer breeding for ridiculously low prices 

Players have given to me, and in turn I wish to give to the players. 

#BeastKeeper4Ever

• Aizawa
  • User

Posted at 2023-07-04 18:16:54 — Link

I THINK a mantle is used to construct one of the buildings. Because it sounds like an apparel item, but I don't think it is.

Deviant skin is kind of like a genetic mutation you get when breeding. Like a shiny pokemon, sorta. You can look up guides on how to get those, but it's rare. Custom skin is when you use an art piece drawn by another player as your beast image. You can browse the custom skins under Pets -- List of Custom Skins. You need a rainbow jar to use them you find those on islands ( by defeating the island statue bosses and maybe in chests too, not sure.) You can also buy rainbow jars for gold, which is the game's RL money currency.

You make a custom skin by drawing it digitally, making sure it adheres to the guidlines ( which you can find by clicking on PETS - Submit a Custom Skin), and uploading it. Then wait for it to be approved. Then anyone can use it.

There are several helpful guides on catching wild beasts. But most of them suggest building the catographer's guild, which is no easy task for a newbie. They then suggest inving the clairvoyant to your inn, but inns also take a lot of resources to build. So here's what I do; send out three Observers, either two on land spots and one on waterfall or creek, or one on waterfall, one on creek, and one on a land spot. Observers can't catch anything, but they'll tell you if they spot anything. All beasts spawn at a Den, which is Big Tree, Heart of the Forest, Cave, and I believe Ruins. Each beast is different, as some go to a land spot first, and then water, and then back to their den. They keep doing this round and round for a while, so you've gotta observe them and guess where they'll be. Example:

Your Observer sees a gryphon come from the Cave, to the Big Field. Now you know that particular beast's routine is Den-Land-Water. Which means, if you place a bird catcher on Creek, and another on Waterfall, you'll encounter him and have a chance of catching him.

• KittySnatcher
  • User

Posted at 2023-07-04 21:30:37 — Link

Thanks so much!

"Really great people can make you feel that you too can become great"

I offer breeding for ridiculously low prices 

Players have given to me, and in turn I wish to give to the players. 

#BeastKeeper4Ever

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla