Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Bugs < Problems with Pet Exchange

Boards

• Legs
  • User

Posted at 2023-04-14 13:42:00 — Link

lamel and I traded two Hoppers, and the trade was successful. However, I noticed that the hopper I got from her was somehow still "In Trades" with her as the owner. At first I could hit cancel on the trade in my inventory and all was fine, but later the hopper was marked as "In Trades" again. This time without cancel button.

I told lamel about it and she was able to cancel the trade. The hopper ended up in her inventory, and she then gifted it back to me, because she is a decent person :)

So our specific issue with this is already solved, I just wanted to tell you about it, cuz it might happen for other players.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2023-04-17 17:07:07 — Link

Thank you very much for reporting! We didn't find anything suspicious in server logs but we'll be digging more in case there's something we missed. We have that server lag with pets stuck in exchange for some time (up to 30 minutes) but it's usually autofixed with an additional script that checks for stuck pets each half an hour. Your trade would probably resolve itself in up to 30 minutes but it looks like this algorithm can be broken with user actions. We'll keep our eyes open for this type of error!

Sorry for the inconvenience!

• lamel
  • User

Posted at 2023-04-22 20:37:44 — Link

Angel, could it be, that an account could have a bug?

first all the back-jumping of the pages, then i can't (and still) reach laboratory, then i can't (and still) reach tack workshop and then the thing with that exchange trade with Legs. Everything really strange!

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2023-04-27 16:09:05 — Link

It's just a really unfortunate coincidence. 

If you still experience problems with Laboratory page not working then the additional resources for the server didn't help for a long time. You probably has Tack Workshop not working as well. I'm extremely sorry for this. We're looking into it, please allow us a few days to try and solve this problem. I suppose that in the worst case we'll have to limit the selection of available pets in the dropdown.

The exchange problem is site wide. Sometimes this type of exchanges can take up to half an hour to process. It's rare but still happens. It went wrong because it got two contradicting commands; it was already accepted by both sides but got canceled after this before the pets were actually transferred. This is a problem with game logic that fails in unoptimal conditions. It needs some additional failproofing, which is in our pending list. 

I'm not sure about back jumping pages. It looks like a client side problem but maybe there's some redirect on our side going haywire. Could you please describe in more details how it happens? Which pages and when jump back?

Again, I'm very sorry for all the inconveniences. I understand that it's very frustrating to face so many issues at once.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2023-04-27 19:46:02 — Link

Update on the craft pages not loading: We're limiting the list to top 100 pets for each dropdown now. It's not an ideal solution but it'll allow players with a lot of pets to use craft pages and get their items crafted without issues.

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2023-04-28 13:46:02 — Link

Hi Angel

I can load Laboratory page but now I don't have dropdowns.

It just says "No pets meet criteria." I have 1600 pets, most of them meet the criteria.

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2023-04-28 19:08:04 — Link

Thank you for reporting! I'm extremely sorry for this. We're working on this bug.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2023-04-28 19:29:56 — Link

All crafting tabs must work as expected now. Sorry for the inconvenience!

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2023-04-28 22:16:38 — Link

Not a problem Angel, you keep dodging the missiles, I just reported it but it isn't as important as you being safe.

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2023-04-29 01:08:20 — Link

My Laboratory page is working now, Lamel's is half working.

• lamel
  • User

Posted at 2023-05-13 09:11:32 — Link

just a update from me:

Tack Workshop and Laboratory works full now :-) which makes me happy! Thanks a lot!

But (sorry) - it find only a fraction of my pets to create something. 99,9% of my Throdamas and 100% of my Artist-Dragons system do not show. Certainly the have the criteria to build that item.

and the next thing (sorrysorrysorry) we recognized now, that system do not show all users anymore! i wanted to give something to Sapphire Scythe and system said, this user does not exist. and i wrote it right :-) - the username had not been recommended.

maybe it is somehow the same problem as with the not-listed-pets.

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2023-05-13 13:44:52 — Link

But there's no space in SapphireScythe?

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2023-05-13 15:00:29 — Link

We're limiting the selection of pets for crafting to top 50, so yes, if you have more pets meeting the crafting criteria then a part of them won't appear in the dropdown. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience! This was the only solution we were able to find to make both server and browser handle so many elements without problems.

We didn't alter the user search. Please make sure there are no typos in the user name that you're searching.

• lamel
  • User

Posted at 2023-05-13 21:39:52 — Link

ah, ok, thanks for explaining why not all pets are in the dropdown anymore :-)

Yes, Sapphi is without Space and i found her now. usually it shows the possibilitys in a drop down menu, before writing so many letters and so i stopped before the S of Scythe, because she was not in the list. and then i wrote it with a space, so the system said, no user with that name, which is true.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla