Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Bugs Archive < Battle partially frozen -

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Shenanigans
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-10 00:48:22 — Link

While fighting with a beastie it just stopped letting me select the move and I had to quit the island? (I took a video to show you)

I'm using Windows 7 - Firefox 19.0
your server time 23:52 (see screenshot)

<a href=http://s313.beta.photobucket.com/user/shenanigans78/media/Other/beastkeeperbug_zps483f69e0.mp4.html>Video of the bug</a><br><br><a href=http://i313.photobucket.com/albums/ll361/shenanigans78/Other/beastiebugtime-zoom_zpsf33be315.png>blown up screen shot of the time</a>

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-10 02:59:51 — Link

Thanks for reporting!

Did you face this problem only one time or does it happen from time to time?

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-10 03:53:41 — Link

We used your user data with this battle and didn't have any issues with finishing it in all 3 scenarios (victory, loss, draw). Attack buttons just worked like they should.

If you don't mind, we will ask you for some additional help. I apologize if the following instruction is too complicated or you just don't want to spend even more time on this. The video you made is very helpful but even after watching it we didn't localize this bug.

Please do the following if you will meet this bug again:

1. Install Firebug add-on from this page. It's a dev tool which allows to monitor different tech side items.
2. When you stuck in a battle like this again, press F12. This will open the Firebug.
3. Select "Console" tab in Firebug. There you should see "All" tab opened.
4. Click any maneuver and make a screenshot of console, like this:

If any errors will appear there, we will see them.

Thanks!

• Sen
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-10 03:57:13 — Link

Sometimes this will happen if you try using explore during the downtime. It doesn't redirect from explore, it just freezes for the fifteen minutes or so, then lets you continue on. Is it possible that's what you ran into?

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-10 04:16:02 — Link

A small updated. I just noticed another island bug reported at the same time. So this could be a temporary hardware problem with our server. Please say if you will face this problem again.

• Shenanigans
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-10 13:22:52 — Link

Hi Angel :D and Sen

@ Sen - It was close to downtime (see time) but it was before downtime and I could navigate around the site as normal in my other tabs.

@ Angel - It is the first glitch I've come accross so far, so not something I would say is a regular occurrence :D.
I've no problem in installing firebug and recording what happens for you (if it ever happens again) - I've done testing in the past for my hubby who is software developer so it's not too complicated :P

• Applemint
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-11 07:17:09 — Link

This also happens to me a lot- I'm glad it isn't just me!

I've found opening the "island" page in a different tab helps.

• NiteThorn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-12 23:36:29 — Link

This happened to me once, but it fixed itself when I hit refresh. Didn't even make me quit the island. Never happened again, so I thought it was just my internet connection.

Exhibited Sim: YukiBaby #23145

FanFiction: xXFrostKittenXx #4390707

A few bits of silver is nothing in real life...but it can be the difference between a stable expansion and limiting your breeding goals.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla