Boards < Offtopic < Other Games < Reminiscing about Order of the Griffin

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Calico_Kitten17
  • User

Posted at 2022-12-11 17:38:35 — Link

I wonder how many other people on here played Order of the Griffin back when it was online. I enjoyed it a lot, especially for its genetics system, and even now, that genetics system stands out for being a realistic approach to fantasy creatures, and for how many unique and beautiful griffin colorations were possible.

I wish I had saved some pictures of my griffins (and even if I did, I don't know if they would be on a computer that I still have access to now).

By any chance, for those who played it, did you save more detailed information about the genetics? I managed to find some guides that talked about most of the traits, but they only went into the details for some of the genes - the information on markings and patterns showed all of the pictures, but didn't discuss the actual genetics behind them, such as which traits were dominant or recessive. Specifically, even with these guides, sunny and "blackless" patterns remain a bit of a mystery - they are mentioned briefly, but unlike the other genes, it's harder to piece this together, even with a guide I found detailing the way image codes are used (which seemed to help provide some context for most of the other genes).

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2022-12-11 19:40:07 — Link

My friend Marans is coding a tribute game. She also misses Order of the Griffin and has been doing a lot of genetic research. I must ask her if she has a developer blog you can follow or something.

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• Calico_Kitten17
  • User

Posted at 2022-12-12 01:34:38 — Link

Thank you for the information! I appreciate hearing from you about this.

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2022-12-12 01:36:20 — Link

I have emailed her, will see what she says ^_^

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla