Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < reward looser in battles

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• koben
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-09 20:59:17 — Link

why not reward people who actually put their heros up for other users to battle. for pvp only

at least give the looser some exp so its not a total lose for them - they are using their energy as well.

I'm not saying give them the full amout that a winner recives personaly ive seen 15-20 exp awarded but like half 3-7 exp

THIS REWARD WOULD ONLY GO TO A DEFENDER, never a opponet that was doing the attacking.

i have seen less and less people putting up battlers, they are either battled away too quickly, there are less users than there were befor, or people dont want to battle and loose with nothing to gain.

so this would help people who put up their heros doing so knowing that have a increased chance of loosing. cause people can look at levels, and stats and pick their best hero to battle them.

edit 3/16: Or battleing could get an over hall and points would be earned : if you battled at level you would get 4 points . higher than your level 5-6 points. below your level2-3 points.

all battles win or lose would reward one battle point.

there could also be a battle point shop added where you can use the battle points your pets won to buy stuff. (gold coins(maybe) / stat items/ mutagens/ maybe new battle based items. ) battle points don't expire but they WON'T "stack" (as in you can get one pet with 50 BP and 25bp to pool the points to equal 75.

ALSO i dont know if it happens cause its not listed in the report but if you won it does not list exp, so i am drawing the conclusion that my heros arent getting exp for winning. so please list this or i have to assume i gained NOTHING.

• Shadow
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-10 01:40:19 — Link

No support. I've never seen any sort of battle game that awards exp to the loser.

If you think about it, it would be like the loser getting stronger after he was throttled by a larger opponent.

Losing is just a risk you have to take.

Hello there! My name is Shadow, and I specialize in the collecting and breeding of gryphons. If you'd like to breed with one of my males, or purchase any of my non-gryphons, just shoot me a message!

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-03-10 02:58:09 — Link

Support.

My coach would always say "If you're not falling you're not learning".

What is experience? Experience is knowledge gained on the activities we've done right? Good or bad...

Loosing a battle (realistically) either kills you, or make you straonger (you learn from it) (unless of course you're wounded.. but then hopefully you pick better battles).

I don't think they should get full experience at all.. Maybe a set very small amount.. like under 5xp.

Because hey, it does take guts to put up your pet to battle knowing pets of higher levels can fight and likely defeat you.

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• koben
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-10 03:26:33 — Link

modfies something.

• Amberfly
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-10 05:36:05 — Link

Support from me. It's never made sense to me that pets (other places as well as Beastkeeper) don't gain XP from losses. After all, they've just learned what not to do in a battle. Here's my idea for this suggestion: When you battle with an island moster in explore mode, and that monster is a few levels below where your pet is (like, your pet is level 10 and the island monster is level 6), you only get 2 XP from beating it. Small bonus, but it adds up if you face enough of them. If we get XP from lost battles, I'd like it to be 2 XP for this reason. You don't learn much defeating a creature far below your level, and you don't learn much from losing a battle to someone much stronger/more skilled than you. Something, yes, but not much. If that makes any sense.

• koben
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-10 06:25:23 — Link

amberfly this is for the Player vs player battles not the creatures on the island.

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-10 07:24:13 — Link

Support. In real life you learn from your failure as well as your success, so why not here?

I personally feel they should offer more experence for the winner as well, right now there is no reason to use that one energy for battle when you'll potentially get at least four times the experence by using 2 to explore. Not to mention the other benifits to searching the islands.

• SpaceShipRat
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-10 19:42:05 — Link

Support, especially since the attacker has a huge advantage, being able to choose his fights, and look at your pet's stats and choose a strategy. 10/20% of winning xp, I'd say.

• Mouse
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-10 20:03:53 — Link

Support. Not much, just something to make battling worthwhile. It'll also be a premium incentive, because only premiums can autobattle.

I call Vermillion "Vermi"

I occasionally use an IPad- please excuse spellcheck.

• Red
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-11 10:35:27 — Link

Support if it also includes the explore pets and it's only about 25% of the exp gained by the winner. 50% is too much.

• Malfunction
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-11 11:08:20 — Link

Support-ish. Still kinda on the fence on this one. P:

I can get why losing doesn't give experience, but Koben and Ankokou's suggestions may get more people to battle is all :)

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-03-11 21:41:29 — Link

Only the offender for sure, that is a great idea :)

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• bluestar20337
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-11 22:23:14 — Link

Support~

• koben
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-16 20:13:29 — Link

bumps with added.

• DragonSage
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-18 01:23:38 — Link

I support; perhaps the experience gained by the loser is a fraction(perhaps 1/5) of what the winner gained; if the winner gained 5 xp from the battle, the looser would gain 1 xp. Currently the only time I use battling is if I have an extra point before I leave for a while (IE if I play before classes and I have one point I'll use it or just before I go to bed)

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla