Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < An update to pet pregnancies!

Boards

Poll: Should this be added?

Yes

4 votes / 67%
No

1 votes / 17%
I have questions!

1 votes / 17%
« Prev | 1 | Next »

• hwade735
  • User

Posted at 2022-03-09 15:46:52 — Link

Hello and welcome!

In BeastKeeper, twin pregnancies are not as common as other pregnancies! There are very exciting! This is because they require the gene "fertility" for a 50% chance of twins.

On top of that, you need two of the fertility gene in a single parent as it is a recessive gene. This makes it even harder to breed and use for projects or other means.

My current Symurgh, Stat, is currently expecting twins from Exploit. It is regarded as TWO seperate pregnancies as shown by the two different timers, when this is in fact one singular pregnancy, just with two embryos.

It might be a good idea to have one timer, and below the timer, a counter indicating how many children are due. This would have the pregnancy regarded as one, but still indicate there are twins due. This would make it a little more realistic, and avoid twins being born at different times due to any glitches that may occur in the future.

Link to mother: https://beastkeeper.com/pet/988015

Current twin pregnancy:

Twin-pregnancy

New version of pregnancies would look something like this (obviously colour matched if nessecary. This was done in Word where there was no exact colour)

Updated-version

Any feedback is appreciated! I apologise for such a large second picture, but I can't change its size!

Feel free to comment here with any questions, or shoot me a message in dms! I'm more than happy to answer them.

-Holly

• SerialKillerXO
  • User

Posted at 2022-03-14 01:21:52 — Link

I think that would be a good idea. It makes it more clear that the symurgh is expecting twins (obviously they would be born the same time) 

-SerialKillerXO

• hwade735
  • User

Posted at 2022-03-14 01:26:47 — Link

Yeah, the two timers do indicate twins, (and you do get notified when the pets are bred) but they're regarded as separate pregnancies when in reality, twin pregnancies are still a single pregnancy.

It might however be difficult to code and that's why they haven't done something similar before in the game. I'm not sure, but it's ultimately their decision.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla