Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < Riding hall is too expensive to utilize!

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-09 01:20:59 — Link

So, as the title suggests, I think the riding hall costs too much. 20 silver per exp is too much! Considering you need 10*level exp (afaik) from level 1-50, this means that training 1 pet to level 50 takes 12,500 exp at a cost of 255k silver!

To me, that just seems like too much cost. This isn't even mentioning the fact that it takes a flat amount of time to get 500 exp as it does to get 10 exp. 

I have 2 different solutions I propose to this building which I feel is a waste of time and resources, not only to build but also to use.

Since it's 4 hours regardless of exp gained I feel like it should give a flat amount of exp, and the cost should be based on level instead of exp gained. This could easily be balanced. Essentially, it'd give 1 full level worth of exp regardless of current needed exp to level and the cost would be based off of the formula which is as it currently is, level * 200.

However as I said before, the cost is also too high (particularly at lower levels when money is fairly scare)! So to bring it in line with what I feel is a more acceptable scale, levels 1-10 would cost something like 5 silver per exp, 11-20 would be 10 silver per exp, 21-30 would be 15 silver per exp, 31-40 would be 20 silver per exp, and to offset the reduced costs at low levels (when you're making crap money) 41-50 would be 30 silver per exp. This actually averages out to a higher overall cost of 264k (instead of previous 255k total) but makes the riding hall much more useable at lower levels.

As a comparison the current system takes 164k to go from 1-40 and 91k to go from 41-50. My proposed system would take 127.5k to go from 1-40 and 136.5k to go from 41-50.

Why do I feel this is fair to punish high level players? Because at higher levels you'll be easily making money hand over fist, with all the items you find that you don't need that you can auction off, getting GPL levels with all the bonus items from castles as well as bonus stats on subsequent generations making battles THAT much easier, etc. So, level 41-50 should obviously be the hardest part of the game to complete. 

But currently, if you just saved up money, grinded out 1-40 in a week or two, and then paid the rest of your way to 50, 41-50 would be the easiest and, essentially, cheapest levels to complete.

Anyways, so that's pretty much my whole idea and why I think it should be changed. Feel free to agree/disagree/like/comment/add suggestions/etc. Thanks for reading.

• koben
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-09 02:01:30 — Link

i actually support this a lot of though went into it. and having had to pay for the blueprints, then to build it, cause of the costs i dont really even want to used my riding ring. insead of spending 500+coing i could potentinal gain that + exp if i just went exploring :/

• stephofd
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-09 02:17:31 — Link

Support!  I love this plan!  I definitely think that Beast Keeper needs some checks against the game getting too easy later on.

• RushingWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-09 04:25:50 — Link

Support

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-09 08:28:11 — Link

Support some change, I do agree right now it's too expensive to be useful.

• NiteThorn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-09 22:39:37 — Link

Definitely support. I just looked at training one of my Rocs just one more level, it was 840 silver. I can get the rest of the experience exploring, plus I might even find piles of silver on the island. 

I might use the Riding Hall in a pinch, if I've had sucky luck against the monsters, which has happened before...but yeah, it's really expensive. My luck would really have to be down in the pits for me to use it with any regularity.

Exhibited Sim: YukiBaby #23145

FanFiction: xXFrostKittenXx #4390707

A few bits of silver is nothing in real life...but it can be the difference between a stable expansion and limiting your breeding goals.

• Fya
  • Nɪɢʜᴛᴍᴀʀᴇs Sʟᴀʏᴇʀ

Posted at 2013-03-09 23:46:41 — Link

Support from me ! 

10.14.2013 ~ 02.13.2014

I love you more than the world, from the beginning to the end that'll never come.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-10 05:33:33 — Link

Changing the balance between training low-levels and high-levels will change the model of leveling up. It's not supposed that it's harder to level up the pet from 40 to 50 is harder than from 1 to 40. On the contrary, it's harder and it's the main challenge. At the same time high-level pets are the main explorers and get a bunch of bonuses from the exploring big islands (small islands simply doesn't have enough place for this amount of resources, challenges and boosts). There will be no sense in training high-level pets in Ridinghall if it will cost so much but almost won't differ in time comparing to the levelling low and middle levels through explore, plus the pet won't get all the tasties from the high-level explore. We have just a bit different vision of training purposes, sorry.

Though we agree that the Riding Hall is too expensive. There's still no clear balance while we're on Beta. We were going to update the training price after updating the mechanics of Ridinhall (adding the ability to train for several levels instead of only one level) but it seems that this may take a bit of time. The price of training is updated to 8 per 1 XP.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla