Boards < General < Creative < Getting Started

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Mouse
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-08 22:25:02 — Link

I would like to learn how to make (good) skins, but I need some help.

Here's what I have:

Me, myself, and I

Corel Paintshop

What I don't have:

Artistic talent

A graphics tablet

So... does anyone have any tips? What beast is easiest to make skins for, what simple patterns should I use to start out... that sort of thing. Thanks!

I call Vermillion "Vermi"

I occasionally use an IPad- please excuse spellcheck.

• Charix
  • User

Posted at 2013-05-09 05:16:41 — Link

I don't have a graphics tablet either. It means things are slow or you have to do things in a round about way. I don't know about paintshop, but with photoshop there is a pen tool. And I use that to draw instead of a mouse because that's too shaky. It's confusing at first but it is worth learning.

You see those stripes there? I used actually my touchpad mouse thing on my tiny netbook and the pen tool in photoshop to make those.

It takes a lot of practice and patience too. Haha. I say you should just open up any one of the skin bases and just play around with it. I love playing with circles... so this is what came from one of my playing around sessions... lol.

Good luck!! :D

Shares IP address with flatmates who might join!

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-05-20 22:01:27 — Link

I suggest searching www.Deviantart.com for tutorials.

Just search what you want to do and type "how to", "tutorial", "walkthrough" or something similar. You can also type in the name of your program that you are using or "mouse" and it will search for tutorials

There are SOOOOO many user tutorials that you are bound to find one that works for you and fits your needs. If you need help then you can message me. I have quite a few favorited and know of some good artists that you may find helpful in the tutorials they make.

Good luck, I started out where you are!

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla