Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < Notifications for posts/bids/news/etc

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Shadow
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-08 19:29:26 — Link

I think what we currently have is where you subscribe and it sends a message to your email, or to your messages, but I think it'd just be a lot easier if  we just had notifications on the top of the page. I don't check my email all that often, and I'd rather not have a bunch of emails from beastkeeper saying "so and so did this", when I could just as easily find that information out on site, especially if there's a notification at the top.

Like, when you refresh a page, a little thing would pop up saying " _____ Has posted in (Title of thread here)" And maybe the notification could even link to the thread.

Also, I'd like to see the same go for bids and news! If someone bid on an auction you were bidding on, it'd be easier to see a little notification that says "You have been outbid on lot#_____" And also a link?

And finally, news would be something like "There is a new news post" and have "News post" linked  to the news.

That way people will know what's going on, without having to check the news every so often, most of the time not seeing anything new, and missing out on important news.

Also it'd just cut down on time and be far more efficient if we had little news posts

(It can be about as big as the bar that says "Synchronization has been performed", or I think there was another one that the site has that's all tiny and stuff. It can either go away after you click it, or after you refresh the page, or after you delete it.)

And for those who don't do X thing, then it wouldn't hurt you in any way, because it's only what you subscribe to, and the news, which perhaps there could be a way to turn them off, so if you really don't care about the news, it won't even bother you?

Hello there! My name is Shadow, and I specialize in the collecting and breeding of gryphons. If you'd like to breed with one of my males, or purchase any of my non-gryphons, just shoot me a message!

• bluestar20337
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-08 23:36:53 — Link

Support~

• Kayla-La
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-09 01:48:16 — Link

Yes, in-game notifications are incredibly standard for sites like these and this is the first site I've been to that doesn't have them at all. It would be very handy!

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla