Boards < General < Pet Showcase < Your LONG Awaited pet(one you painstakingly tried to breed)

Boards

Poll: How long did it take you to breed your prized pet?

1 day-1 week

1 votes / 6%
2-3 weeks

1 votes / 6%
4-5 weeks

1 votes / 6%
2-5 months

1 votes / 6%
5-12 months

1 votes / 6%
more than a year

0 votes / 0%
infinity and above

1 votes / 6%
working on it!!!

11 votes / 65%
« Prev | 1 | Next »

• carnationdaisy170
  • User

Posted at 2021-05-11 01:40:58 — Link

Welcome! You can showcase your long-awaited pets here! I'm sure we all have been through it, trying to breed that one special pet that you really want. For me, it was this pet:

https://beastkeeper.com/pet/1705729

it took me an awfully long time to breed a blue deviant pet, but I finally did it! 

What about you? Do you have a special pet you either really really wanted, or just had a goal of breeding/trading? 

Go ahead! Tell us about your prized beauty!

“Sometimes opportunities float right past your nose. Work hard, apply yourself, and be ready. When an opportunity comes you can grab it.”- Julie Andrews

"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." - Tom Hanks as Forrest Gump

"If you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true." - Cinderella

-If you would like to be the happy owner of one of my pets, feel free to PM me and I will set up an offer! 

-I accept all friend requests, and am extremely happy to help all newbies!

-Happy Trails to you! xoxo carnationdaisy170     have a GREAT day! <3 

• QueenOfDarkness
  • User

Posted at 2021-05-20 00:58:05 — Link

I've always wanted to breed the double deviant snow leopard! (I'm still working on it)

Feel free to PM me at any time if you see an animal you like or if you want to sell me something! Have a good day!

"Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise"-Victor Hugo

• WOLFYNOTABOT
  • User

Posted at 2021-06-02 18:06:04 — Link

Can you guys give me some breeding tips? You seem to know alot.

-The Person Who Wrote This

• carnationdaisy170
  • User

Posted at 2021-06-02 19:41:19 — Link

Well, you can go onto our profiles and read the tips! I have a few tips that you might find handy. You can also look onto QueenOfDarkness's profile. 

“Sometimes opportunities float right past your nose. Work hard, apply yourself, and be ready. When an opportunity comes you can grab it.”- Julie Andrews

"Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." - Tom Hanks as Forrest Gump

"If you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true." - Cinderella

-If you would like to be the happy owner of one of my pets, feel free to PM me and I will set up an offer! 

• Wisteria

Posted at 2021-06-07 04:47:04 — Link

For me it was a double deviant of any kind, and right now I'm still working toward a perfect throdama- although the dominant genes are just fine for finally releasing the pheromone hoard into action. lol (Interestingly enough, the first dragon deviant was a freak recessive jackpot, AND the double deviant is also from a recessive gene!)

I wish more people would put their GP3 male throdamas up for breed at reasonable prices.

I'm also working toward a 'carnivorous unicorn' that hurts people. That's its only job. Massive hooves, acute eyesight like a predator, thick skin HP buff, steel bones, steel muscles, diamond horn. I just want a DPS unicorn. It's slow going because avoiding inbreeding with so few diamond horn males anywhere to be found that have any other positivie traits are hard to find and it's a lot of luck breeding. S ofar I haven't inbred yet, but I will to get perfects if I can get a perfect unrelated male to cross.

If I ever get the perfect predatory unicorn, I'm going to make so much apparel for it. Saber fangs, burning eyes, flaming hair, bone armor. Then craft it for the army.

- - -

Breeding Tips

*Learn how genetic power results work so you aren't using valuable breeding slots of the public stud males. 

*On your female's page, right click 'breed' and open it in a new tab. Now you can compare what traits your female has while searching for a stud male. Hit the + button and select the correct genetic power, species, and then a couple traits you really need a homozygous male for. Then hit 'breeding fee' to sort by cheapest first and compare as many males as possible. You may need to change the genes to dominant only if your traits are rare to find and just try to get lucky/breed your own foundation male. After you breed your female to the male, put his name in her profile so you can copy/paste the search to the breeder male to use again after she delivers, unless you got a perfect result and don't need more.

*To get a double deviant, you need both a pattern AND color deviant of opposite gender. Please do not breed to deviant public studs with a non deviant female, to preserve his breeding slots, unless there literally is no better choice and you're genuinely trying to improve your lines. AKA you're keeping the baby and breeding it further, not just tossing non deviants into the pound/state portal service. (Sometimes a species has very few stud males available with the traits you need, so it happens.) When his slots are used up, no one can breed with him- not just you.

*Inbreeding is actually okay when planned. Sometimes, there just aren't enough public males to go around with the traits you need, so making 1 star degeneration females in order to get a herd of perfect females THEN breeding those females to an unrelated male to get rid of that degeneration star will get you faster results than just having a bunch of different lines. You can always pound/SPSB the degeneration phase breeders after they deliver better results.

*Babies seem to have a different stat distribution than their 100% siblings at birth. Pick the best ones for your squad.

• carnationdaisy170
  • User

Posted at 2021-06-08 18:42:09 — Link

That sounds so cool!! I bet its going to take a long time, but its probably worth it. I am just breeding deviants, mostly trying for double devs! But I only have a couple double deviants; Apollo and another one. 

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla