Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < For the colorblind...

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Westly

Posted at 2013-03-08 06:40:20 — Link

Hey there!

I'm colorblind, and I'm having a SUPER hard time reading how much energy and XP my critters have on their profile pages:

http://beastkeeper.com/pet/16711  for example.  I can't really read how much XP he has.  Could the font be changed to black, or a much darker color?

My Webcomic!

• Thorai
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-08 18:41:20 — Link

I'm not colorblind, but maybe an Option  for changing colors or just turning the bars black and white would help, so you can just check it if you need it instead of changing colors for everyone ... so i support this! :)

• RushingWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-08 21:33:34 — Link

Support as well, not colourblind but if it would be helpful to users then why not

• AshtaraSilunar
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-09 00:54:43 — Link

Support.  I think black font would be easier to read, and there's really no downside.

I'm looking for the recipes for Townhall lvl 5, Warehouse lvl 6, and Astrologist lvl 4.  I'm also looking for 4 ancient horns, 4 snake eyes, 4 money tree saplings, and 4 nightcats.  

• Haberdasher
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-09 02:33:15 — Link

Support. It seems like an easy enough fix, and since there are users who would benefit from it, why not?

#33507 on Aywas

• RainbowCharizard
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-09 04:57:41 — Link

I support this too! I'm not colorblind, but the current color makes it hard to look at.

• youkaihybrid26
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-09 06:36:16 — Link

I support this, it is a great suggestion. =)

~ Your local Youkai~

Feel free to drop by I don't bite much! =D                                                                         
Please excuse the lack of grammar, It seems to run away sometimes. ;)            Please call me Dragon or Youkai which ever you please.

• Mouse
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-09 17:03:07 — Link

Support!

I call Vermillion "Vermi"

I occasionally use an IPad- please excuse spellcheck.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-03-10 03:00:00 — Link

Support! Making sure everyone can access things is very important!

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-10 04:54:44 — Link

The bar is almost gray when empty so I think that color blindness isn't a source of bad readability here. Although I can't color half of symbol to white and half to black when the bar is half-filled. I added black shadow to the text to make it stand out. Probably it's the only option to adjust readability without changing layout.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Westly

Posted at 2013-03-10 12:04:11 — Link

Hey there Angel,

Thanks so much!!  The top half was the part I had the most trouble with (Where the bar faded to white...does it fade to white?  I honestly can't tell!), but it's a LOT easier for me to read now.

Thanks so much!

My Webcomic!

• Hannah
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-17 02:36:33 — Link

I'm not colour-blind but I totally support this :)

Just a tip: I HATE bad grammar, I am a great grammar freak! I hate it when People Talk Just Like This ALL Of The Time, jst lik tis all of the tme, and when people don't capitalize correctly. If you do this, I will most likely ignore you, by the way!

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla