Boards < General < Help < Breeding Questions

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• August_Blackwood
  • User

Posted at 2021-02-03 15:26:23 — Link

Hi y'all...

So I started my first breeding project and I'm kinda stuck. I'm breeding quest pets and a friend here told me the perks of having homozygous traits...

Except not every pet has them or even has their genes fully researched to see wtf they've got (because vermillion lol).

So when you're up against a pet that has what you've got but has little to no homozygous genes, how tf do you breed for homozygous? Idk if this me me overthinking it but I figured/assumed that it was really just a luck of the draw type thing and just rebreed if you still have points if you don't get what you want. Is that how it works or is there a simpler way?

Also, I've been wondering what the best thing to do with unwanted pets is? I don't have the State Portal Branch built yet, and I've been debating on whether or not to save the pets for that or to pound them for others to have (that sounds really strange lol). I don't want to put them in reserve because I really don't need them, and I can't get them out if I eventually ended up being able to use them for something anyway; I don't have any gold and likely won't for a while.

Thanks in advance.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, It is about learning to dance in the rain. ~Vivian Greene

I recently asked a young man if he would like to undertake a particular mitzvah. His reply "It's not my cup of tea," caught me by surprise. It made me wonder if we are limited o a pre-determined direction, or if we are really capable of more.

If live was a chessboard, would you be a pawn who can only travel in one direction? Or would you be a queen, who can strike out in the direction of her choice? ~Lazer Gurkow, 12 Cups of Tea

• Nightswan
  • User

Posted at 2021-02-03 20:23:42 — Link

You can check pet stats. Genes with genetic modifier dominant will always add/subtract percentage of stats, and some of those genes MUST be homozygous to be dominant. So I can immediately tell whether a pet has dominant Steel Bones or Weak Muscles. Same goes for color genes, if a gryphon is black, I will know it automatically has homozygous Black color genes. 

Another example, I want to know if a stud has Acute Eyesight and Quickmind. I will check their research points. Since Acute Eyesight gives 10 points and Quickmind gives 20, if the pet has 40 points I will assume yes, it has dominant Acute Eyesight and Quickmind.

If there are pets you don't need in your stables you can also send them to Reserve. Although SPSB is probably the best option if you want those pets to never be seen again.

"Violence for violence is the rule of beasts." -obama in some guy's dream

DA: https://www.deviantart.com/rawrzskythrone

• August_Blackwood
  • User

Posted at 2021-02-05 16:56:41 — Link

So I'm gonna need to get really familiar with the genetic lists then. I'm glad that I can honestly.

So what about things such as  Acid Gland and Song of Peace? They don't give point perks so I can't run it against the library, and it's tedious to manually battle in the area for the chance at finding out if my pet has an elemental attack, counterstrike etc. So how do I find out about those if/when I don't have the vermillion to research the pet's genes?

Does the Reserve have a max capacity? Another reason I don't wanna put pets in there is because I don't know if it has a limit like the warehouse and stable does. Plus the 20 island from memory thing when you have more than 20 pets is annoying to me so I'd love to have more traveling ability for resource gathering and stuff like that. I don't mind pounding my unwanted pets of course, I'm just not sure what's best in my current situation.

Also, how do you choose which pets to keep for the projects and which ones you don't? I'm also struggling with deciding what pet to keep and which one not to. For example, I have two gold cockatrices that I bred for the project and both have good stats and some of the traits I've seen quests ask for but I'm not sure which one is better off staying. What helps you make that decision?

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, It is about learning to dance in the rain. ~Vivian Greene

I recently asked a young man if he would like to undertake a particular mitzvah. His reply "It's not my cup of tea," caught me by surprise. It made me wonder if we are limited o a pre-determined direction, or if we are really capable of more.

If live was a chessboard, would you be a pawn who can only travel in one direction? Or would you be a queen, who can strike out in the direction of her choice? ~Lazer Gurkow, 12 Cups of Tea

• Firehawk
  • User

Posted at 2021-02-05 22:23:36 — Link

I reccomend SPSP more than i do reserve, idk if there is a max capacity but SPSB gives u portal cards, which lets u use portalmore, but u cannot reverse sending them to portal, u can send up to 5 pets a day for 5 cards per pet

The other stuff.. ima have to have the old timers help u out with that bc im not much a gene person, im more of a dev person

Im FireAuraDragon, I changed my name for personal reasons :)

Slayer of the Auras and Queen of the Land of Phoenix

Alexas Writing Contest! (Giving Out Prizes)

Also a Deviant and GP3 Breeder!

The Fire Market- Custom Deviant Breeding!

On To The Pet Shows!

The Current Show Is A Deviant Gryphon Show!

• August_Blackwood
  • User

Posted at 2021-02-07 11:20:22 — Link

@Firehawk Yeah, that was my reasoning behind holding onto my pets- to use them for the portal cards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla