Boards < General < Help < Quest Questions

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• August_Blackwood
  • User

Posted at 2021-01-17 15:42:46 — Link

Ok, so I'm having some trouble with understanting some of the quest requirements.

There are quests that pop up saying they need brave/tough/etc. (#) pet and I'm lost on what that means. I thought it had something to do with the stats like strength and courage but now I'm not so sure because I've had several pets with what I thought was gonna show up and didn't, even though they have their genetics fully researched.

There was als the instance where a palyer loaned me a throdama for a quest that specified "throdama wuth available warrior pheromones" but it didn't register her when she had that pheromone (and also the scout pheromone) ready to use (I was loaned a different Throdama who was able to complete the quest). 

So what gives? Am I understanding the brave/tough/etc and wtf is up with the pheromone thing?

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, It is about learning to dance in the rain. ~Vivian Greene

I recently asked a young man if he would like to undertake a particular mitzvah. His reply "It's not my cup of tea," caught me by surprise. It made me wonder if we are limited o a pre-determined direction, or if we are really capable of more.

If live was a chessboard, would you be a pawn who can only travel in one direction? Or would you be a queen, who can strike out in the direction of her choice? ~Lazer Gurkow, 12 Cups of Tea

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2021-01-17 17:05:06 — Link

You understood both requirements right. Most likely the pets that didn't qualify were either busy or didn't have enough energy. Quests require an adult pet which is Active and has at least 5 energy points.

• August_Blackwood
  • User

Posted at 2021-01-17 17:28:19 — Link

Ok. Since I'm actually understanding correctly then why wasn't the first Throdama available? She was active, had at least 5 energy, and had the warrior pheromone available. She didn't register for the quest at all. As in, no drop down menu appeared even though she could take the pheromone quest.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, It is about learning to dance in the rain. ~Vivian Greene

I recently asked a young man if he would like to undertake a particular mitzvah. His reply "It's not my cup of tea," caught me by surprise. It made me wonder if we are limited o a pre-determined direction, or if we are really capable of more.

If live was a chessboard, would you be a pawn who can only travel in one direction? Or would you be a queen, who can strike out in the direction of her choice? ~Lazer Gurkow, 12 Cups of Tea

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2021-01-17 20:01:27 — Link

I'm afraid I can't help without seeing the quest and the pet exactly in the state it had when you tried to apply it to the quest. Maybe there was an additional quest requirement that the pet didn't fit, or a glitch which appears only under very specific conditions., or something else that I didn't think of currently.

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2021-01-17 20:38:25 — Link

It's possible that it's because it's such an old pet - my Chloroplast 

https://beastkeeper.com/pet/456416

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• August_Blackwood
  • User

Posted at 2021-01-18 23:03:01 — Link

@Arete It wasn't Chloroplast that got rejected. Chloroplast is the one the quest registered- they've gone on two pheromone quests already. It was a different Thrody. I'll have to go back through my messages and see if I can't find the first one.

• August_Blackwood
  • User

Posted at 2021-01-18 23:43:32 — Link

@Arete So I found the messages and you're right- it was Chloroplast that got rejected. But the next pheromone quest he was able to do so I'm all sors of confused as to what was going on.

Both him and Miracle both have Warrior and Defender pheromones ready to use so I'm just confused. lol

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2021-01-19 00:40:02 — Link

Must be a once off glitch. It happens I guess.

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla