Boards < General < Help < Was Hinted at in the Breeding Guides; Wanting to Make Sure

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• August_Blackwood
  • User

Posted at 2021-01-06 03:31:19 — Link

So I know skin color and skin pattern don't offer any pros or cons, but I was curious to know if they work like the other genes?

For example, if I wanted to have a Throdama with a Tropical dominant color and a Erythristic Dominant skin pattern, I would need to find another Throdama with that skin color and pattern (regardless of if it's dominant or recessive) and then breed them together right?

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, It is about learning to dance in the rain. ~Vivian Greene

I recently asked a young man if he would like to undertake a particular mitzvah. His reply "It's not my cup of tea," caught me by surprise. It made me wonder if we are limited o a pre-determined direction, or if we are really capable of more.

If live was a chessboard, would you be a pawn who can only travel in one direction? Or would you be a queen, who can strike out in the direction of her choice? ~Lazer Gurkow, 12 Cups of Tea

• Nightswan
  • User

Posted at 2021-01-06 04:26:01 — Link

They work like any other gene, yes. But for the lowest power genes, you need them to be homozygous to actually have it show up as a dominant gene. For other higher power genes as long as your recessive is lower power that gene should show up.

"Violence for violence is the rule of beasts." -obama in some guy's dream

DA: https://www.deviantart.com/rawrzskythrone

• August_Blackwood
  • User

Posted at 2021-01-06 13:52:14 — Link

So to make sure I'm understanding this correctly:

Since Tropical has a gene power of 50 and Erythristic has one of 60, I would need to breed with a pet that has Tropical and Erythristic as both dominant and recessive or I would need a pet that has Tropical as dominant gene and Lake as recessive and Erythristic as the dominant gene and Melanistic as the recessive since Lake and Melanistic have a lower gene power?

Or is the second scenario impossible despite Lake and Melanistic having lower gene power to Tropical and Erythristic?

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, It is about learning to dance in the rain. ~Vivian Greene

I recently asked a young man if he would like to undertake a particular mitzvah. His reply "It's not my cup of tea," caught me by surprise. It made me wonder if we are limited o a pre-determined direction, or if we are really capable of more.

If live was a chessboard, would you be a pawn who can only travel in one direction? Or would you be a queen, who can strike out in the direction of her choice? ~Lazer Gurkow, 12 Cups of Tea

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla