Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < kittyfan101’s Kitsune idea(it was getting old, so a repost)

Boards

Poll: Do you want a Kitsune?

Um, duh!KITSUNE, KITSUNE!

4 votes / 40%
Its just a fox with 9 tails.You can live without it.

1 votes / 10%
Aww!So fluffy and cute!

4 votes / 40%
EW, IT HAS 9 TAILS.

1 votes / 10%
« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• DragonCatDog
  • User

Posted at 2020-11-09 20:47:45 — Link

I know, I know.Nobody liked it.You are probably going to say, "this is stupid.Don't repost this idea."

But let's give Kitsune a chance.

What is great about Kitsune?

Kitsune are rumored to have the ability to create lightning and fire.Their magic progresses as they get older and wiser(for instance, a Kitsune with 1% fire at one year can get more powerful fire for every year, ending up at 50% at 50, etc)For BK, we can call this "foxfire" for the legends about them.Their magic gets stronger every year, the percentage amount differing depending on the number of good things about the pet.

Kitsune are also rumored to have the ability to shapeshift!No, we are not going to show them shapeshifting, that would be hard, so instead call it "foxshift".They can "shapeshift" into the other pet's type of species, and deal "confusion" on the opponent.The opponent loses 50% life.Determined pets have a 50% chance to resist.Pets that have good eyes have 60%( 10% more)life lost.However, only special Kitsunes have this power.EDIT:This simply makes Confusion.

Your Kitsune also has a chance of having "Lightning Strike"!This enables them to have 20% more damage, if born with it.

Kitsune are also very intelligent.Your Kitsune has a chance of having "foxmind", which deals 30% more damage to every strike.Paired with foxshift and/or(it is very rare to get a Kitsune with all three things, but not impossible)it deals 20% attack damage.EDIT:No foxmind.Instead, it helps your Kitsune gain more chance of having a better Research Potential.

Looks

Well, it is a fox with 9 tails.They were originally just yellow, but I thought "well, just a yellow fox with 9 tails isn't that interesting, so why not make it different colors?"

That is when my creativity comes into play.

I think the BK Kitsune should look like this:

A Symurgh.Take away the bird features, replace them with fox ones.Give it 9 fox tails.The colors would be similar to the Puma colors.

Why did I want a Kitsune?

I had another video game that I was playing.One of the characters was a Kitsune.

I always liked the idea of the Kitsune.But now that I read about them, I got even more respect for them.I mean…a fox with 9 fluffy tails.What's not to love?

So, can we please have a Kitsune in BK?I'm sure more people like the idea than you think.

• Firehawk
  • User

Posted at 2020-11-09 21:52:18 — Link

Kitsunes would fit so well in this game!!! I WANT IT 

Im FireAuraDragon, I changed my name for personal reasons :)

Slayer of the Auras and Queen of the Land of Phoenix

Alexas Writing Contest! (Giving Out Prizes)

Also a Deviant and GP3 Breeder!

The Fire Market- Custom Deviant Breeding!

On To The Pet Shows!

The Current Show Is A Deviant Gryphon Show!

• DragonCatDog
  • User

Posted at 2020-11-10 04:07:51 — Link

WE ALL DO

• Nightswan
  • User

Posted at 2020-11-10 08:01:41 — Link

I agree with Monues on the old post. I don't really feel like this is adding much in terms of a new type of creature to the game, since we have canine beasts with Elemental attack. I'm up for creating "Kitsune Costume" apparel for Symurgh and Lykos but as a whole type of beast? No support, sorry.

We have Deaf pets, but not blind ones. Also, have you seen the perfect Cockatrice and my double gryphons? It hardly took much time for Lykos to become perfects too, the genes will not be rare for long.

The "foxmind" gene does not make sense. Increasing intelligence does not mean your attack power increases. Same with "foxshift", how can confusion deal 50% damage? It may give the opponent the condition Confused, which can have a matter of effects such as makes their attacks deal less damage or yours deal more, but simply confusing them doesn't deal damage. Also, this 20% buff from the combination of genes will apply to elemental attacks, which are already increased 50% damage from regular Bite. That's way too much damage.

"Violence for violence is the rule of beasts." -obama in some guy's dream

DA: https://www.deviantart.com/rawrzskythrone

• DragonsAndCats
  • User

Posted at 2020-11-10 22:36:01 — Link

I agree with DragonCatDog.Sure, maybe change a few things, but that doesn't mean that Kitsunes won't fit with the game.

Can't we all work together on this?

The people who think this is a bad idea, say how to improve it, and the ones who do want it can change it to make everyone happy with it?

• DragonCatDog
  • User

Posted at 2020-11-10 22:48:36 — Link

Ok, I will change some stuff, as DragonsAndCats said.

Maybe then you'll like the Kitsune, Nightswan(#40598)?

• DragonCatDog
  • User

Posted at 2020-11-10 22:54:04 — Link

I changed some stuff!Nightswan(#40598), read it again to see if it is better now!

• Firehawk
  • User

Posted at 2020-11-10 23:49:54 — Link

I love the idea, make it floofier than symurghs, Bright colors like a symurgh but with a softer tone sorta? Ima get a pick rq

HOWEVER I do agree with nightswan too, but some people cant get the special apparels like me, i still dont have tack workshop and even if i did... i cant find the matierals for it! I barely got along during the kelpie event

Plus, for me symurghs arent kitsune looking enough, and lykos have those spikes (symurghs are too skinny and have less fur, i enjoy fluffy kitsunes the best)

On To The Pet Shows!

• Firehawk
  • User

Posted at 2020-11-10 23:51:30 — Link

Image result for kitsune fox, bright colors like purple

bing.com

bing.com

bing.com

bing.com

Something like this, blended and soft, and of course looking more bk-ish

Well fudge i tried to make them pics, just click the links ^^'

On To The Pet Shows!

• Nightswan
  • User

Posted at 2020-11-11 01:12:56 — Link

Even with edits, Kitsune does not fill a particular niche that hasn't already been filled. It's just an elemental with a confusion aspect, which is still not clear to me after the edits. 

I think the best example of a good species concept is Monues's Arowroc. It fills a particular unique niche with its dodge and blow specialities, and has weaknesses just like all other beasts.

This idea still feels very awkward to implement and just seems like a Lykos with confusion and extra tails.

Furthermore, apparel aren't meant to be easy to make. You have to go out and collect items and pets to craft them, not just use minimal effort to have some land in your lap. There are guides for making them and you can trade with other players. Apparel stay year round and custom apparel are crafted with only the help of Tack Workshop lvl1.

"Violence for violence is the rule of beasts." -obama in some guy's dream

DA: https://www.deviantart.com/rawrzskythrone

• Firehawk
  • User

Posted at 2020-11-11 01:47:32 — Link

Your right, im just a huge kitsune fan and i thought it would be nice, u do have a point it wouldn't fill any roles

On To The Pet Shows!

• DragonCatDog
  • User

Posted at 2020-11-11 04:03:23 — Link

Oh my goodness…I HAD AN IDEA!

what if, instead of pets, Kitsunes were KAMIS?!

And the Hopper has different colors and has a special quest to get them…WHAT IF THE KITSUNE HAD THAT TOO!?

*really proud of this Kitsune Kami idea*

• Firehawk
  • User

Posted at 2020-11-11 07:01:01 — Link

That sounds better, its like an event pet! That suits it a bit better

On To The Pet Shows!

• DragonsAndCats
  • User

Posted at 2020-11-14 04:37:43 — Link

I LOVE this Kami idea and I'd be so happy to see this as a real thing!

• DragonCatDog
  • User

Posted at 2020-11-15 01:12:11 — Link

Thanks!

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla