Boards < General < Help < Double Deviant Question

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Ennostiel
  • User

Posted at 2020-09-25 08:36:32 — Link

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if it is possible to breed a double deviant if one of the parents isn't homozygous?

For example say I have a unicorn with deviant color - white*/white* but the pattern is striped/cream and I decide to breed her to a unicorn with deviant pattern - white/white and striped*/striped*. 

What I want to know is if it is at all possible to get a double deviant from that if the offspring is born double homozygous? I understand the odds would be even lower than normal as I know there is less chance of the offspring being born pattern homozygous. So does being double homozygous just give you the best odds or is it not possible at all (as in written in the game codes) to have a double deviant unless you breed two deviant double homozygous pets together?

I just want to put out there that I have had a deviant pattern striped dragon born from one homozygous striped parent and one striped/normal parent. That's what made me curious if it could be done with a double deviant.

Thanks,
Ennostiel

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2020-09-25 11:10:12 — Link

You have a fifty fifty chance of getting a striped/cream baby. So you might get a deviant, but not a double deviant.

You might also get cream/cream and get a double deviant at the same time. It can happen, but the odds are stacked against you.

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• Ennostiel
  • User

Posted at 2020-09-26 02:12:20 — Link

Great, thanks for letting me know :)

Years ago when I was on here I bought quite a few deviants without really noticing that they weren't double homozygous, also I didn't know any better back then. So I thought I'd check it was still possible, I don't want them to just be sitting around not being used :)

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2020-09-26 13:26:18 — Link

You can try but it's doubtful you'll get anywhere with them :)

• Ennostiel
  • User

Posted at 2020-09-28 07:01:15 — Link

It will just make it all the more spectacular if it does happen! Haha

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2020-09-28 11:12:01 — Link

Maybe if you got 50% DCA from a warlock event you'll have a better chance :)

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla