Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Refused, Irrelevant or Already Existing Features < Better QOL in game

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Kenywi
  • User

Posted at 2020-03-20 07:08:52 — Link

This game seems kind of cool but it needs a few things.

1 Making you'r prescene known!  Update!  Your home page has things from months ago but nothing to recent.  Monster log is missing monster.  Are you going to add genes "newer" varities?  LIttle annoucements to let the players know that you are here and care.

2  Keep us interested!  The way you have to came set up is like a game for your phone.  You only get to play for so long then your done for the day.  Limited energy, 5 energy to pass through a portal and then having a limit on portals!  All of these things make for a limited play esepecially to people just starting out.

I'd suggest taking a look at some of the more popular games that aren't inflated by the game itself <giving coin to players for voting, sorry but its true>  See what they do to make their game popular.  The best online game I've found so far is Sylestia, At second but not even close to Sylestia is Flight Rising.

I'm not trying to tare apart the game just making some suggestion as I feel that game has potential that's being overlooked.

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2020-03-20 17:22:57 — Link

Technically this game is obsolete - there's a new one we're waiting for called BeastEon. It's been a while, but I'm still keen.

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2020-03-21 09:31:38 — Link

Hi!

Thank you for suggestions!

Kenywi (#83351) wrote:
Are you going to add genes "newer" varities? 

There are no plans for new genes. The current variety sets clear breeding goals and provides several builds to choose from. We won't be adding a build that nerfs any of the existing ones just to update something. Probably you too have seen how other games do this, and how much pain this causes for players who worked hard on their builds just to find out that everything they own is worth nothing now, and they need to start from scratch. We have some space for new monster genes, but I'm sure that you're asking about pets.

LIttle annoucements to let the players know that you are here and care.

We make a news post each time an update is made or an event starts. Posting something with no updates just to show our presence seems like a waste of time, both for us and for players who would read such posts with no meaningful information.

The way you have to came set up is like a game for your phone.  You only get to play for so long then your done for the day.  Limited energy, 5 energy to pass through a portal and then having a limit on portals!  All of these things make for a limited play esepecially to people just starting out.

BK wasn't designed for phones. You may see this from the layout. It was intended for desktop only. We have only the basic touch support, but there's no full-fledged mobile version (which, I admit, would be great to have, but it's not a primary platform for BK in any case). The limited energy system is here to allow all players to be competitive even if they have little spare time because of work, school, family and other RL activities. Our philosophy for BK is that skill matters more than time. Exploring is somewhat grindy even with the current limits, but it is tolerable. 45 islands a day in case of a single game session, plus a few more if there's more than one, plus X more where X is the number of your Watchmen (imagine Stable level 5 filled with Watchmen birbs!). This is a lot. And this is boring when players are forced to exhaust their explores each day even with the current limit.

It's true that newbies may find that there is not enough activities for them because they don't have enough pets and didn't build the basic buildings yet, but this stage is very short. We can't destroy everything else and force established players to grind a few hours a day just to make several starting days feel more engaging. 

<giving coin to players for voting, sorry but its true>

Voting for silver is not a way to advertise the game or make it more popular. There are many ways to do this in a more efficient manner than posting in two humble lists who invited us themselves :) This is just a collab with two small indie projects just like BK itself. We don't get anything from voting, and they don't get anything from having us in their lists. Only players get a small benefit from this collab.

The best online game I've found so far is Sylestia, At second but not even close to Sylestia is Flight Rising.

We're not looking to copy other games. They are already available for players, and there's no need to clone them or their parts. Reskins can't offer any new experience. There's also an ethical question about copying something invented by others. Sure, gameplay mechanics can't be copyrighted, but this doesn't mean that nobody sees and cares when someone rips off something from another game. You love FR and Sylestia for things they do well. Let those things stay their property. Other projects need to do something else :)

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla