Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Bugs Archive < Cartographer's Guild lying to me

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Lokisghost
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-06 10:59:42 — Link

Hi

Every time I used the magnifying glass thing yesterday, then placed my catchers where the pets were shown, I eagerly went to check what pets I'd caught and my reports said that

There's no one at Eastern Fields.
There's no one at Waterfall.
There's no one at Magic Glade.

I'd expect to have at least encountered the pet, even if I didn't catch it. Also, the same species seem to be cycling through the same locations today, so it's not like someone else caught them (if the whole userbase had the same pool of pets to catch, which seems unlikely)

Any ideas?

I'm on windows 8 using Chrome and only finished the cartographers guild yesterday. 

• seph
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-06 11:09:32 — Link

Hmm when I understand it right it shows the current position of pets, but we catch them like in the next week.

So in order to use the Guild we have to predict where the pets will be next in order to catch them.

Why your catchers failed to give you any reports of what pets they saw though is beyond me. Maybe they were lazy?

Pet Sales

Item Sales

Need a pet for building?

Then visit the Builders Help to get an assistant.

• Swiftla
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-06 18:26:39 — Link

Seph is right, they move positions the next week, so you have to predict where they will move. If no pets passed through the positions where your catchers were placed, they wuldn't report seeing anything.

• Lokisghost
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-06 20:49:42 — Link

Ah I see, I'd fundamentally misunderstood what the thing was doing then.

So essentially, you have to watch three rotations to know where the pets are going to go because it's always telling you where they've been rather than where the pets currently are? That seems a bit of an odd way to do it to me, but fair enough.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla