Boards < General < General Chat < Questions on Watchman gene.

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• CalicoOaks
  • User

Posted at 2019-12-11 23:23:32 — Link

I have two Rocs that are both homozygous for Watchman. One has a note that says: 

This pet can pass through portal without using an island from portal memory.

The other one does not. Remember BOTH are homozygous for this gene. Is there possibly some other gene combination that has to be there to activate this ability?

The male has Lightening Strike, the female does not. The male has the above quoted note on his file.

Any assistance in understanding this would be appreciated. Thanks!

Off Track Thoroughbreds are my Passion

• AlpheusDrake
  • User

Posted at 2019-12-12 00:04:36 — Link

Hello CalicoOaks

I think it depends whether or not you have the watchman gene researched for that particular animal. So you may know that the Roc is homozygous watchman but it may not be on the genetics page for that bird.

For instance a Roc with steel beak and electric gland will have lightening strike but it won't say it on the birds page unless you have those genes reseached for that bird. You shall however still have the benefit of lightening strike regardless when in battle. So I am assuming watchman works the same. 

• CalicoOaks
  • User

Posted at 2019-12-12 01:13:38 — Link

Thank you for responding so quickly. ALL genes have been researched for both birds....Puzzled by this...

• AlpheusDrake
  • User

Posted at 2019-12-12 10:01:44 — Link

No worries. Thought I would try to be a bit more active in the forums.

I have just had a look at your Rocs. I can only see one female and she isn't homozygous on the sense organ locus. She has the allels Watchman and Acute Eyesight, Acute Eyesight being dominant. That 'll be why she doesn't have the watchman ability. 

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2019-12-12 12:24:55 — Link

This effect is not constant, it works only for one explore per day. Please check the gene description. It wears off once a pet has used its daily free explore. 

• CalicoOaks
  • User

Posted at 2019-12-12 13:37:43 — Link

Thank you both fo rthe responses. I was not aware I had used the female in question for a portal entry already in that time period. Now I see how it works! Thank you both so much! It's nice to meet you Angel! I LOVE his game!

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla