Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < Cockatrice Colors - Chicken Breeds

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Restless
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-06 04:12:50 — Link

While I like some of them, I still think the Cockatrice could use some better colors/patterns like the Rocs and Gryphons have i.e. some chicken breed based colors. Or maybe some snake colors and patterns, like a red tail boa.

The dragons could use a color update too. They're also a bit boring compared to the other species.

Not a big deal, just wanting to put it out there for consideration.

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-06 05:18:31 — Link

I feel this falls more into the domain of skins, players can make whatever markings they want.

However rainbow potions aren't very accessible right now, so I'm not sure what to do about it. Yeah people can make the markings but you need 10 gold or 5k silver and the luck to find a magic shop to use it. If you're like me and generally aren't impressed with the artwork and/or default colors it's quite the undertaking to replace the image of many pets.

I do agree I would have liked to see chicken markings on cockatrice and generally just more interesting markings and colors on dragons but what's done is done. I don't know if it will be changed and I know several people who do like the cockatrice markings.

• Restless
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-06 05:31:27 — Link

The game's still in beta, not even a month old, and I know for a fact that some of the grphon's were changed from what they were when the site first opened. For example, the White-Tailed Hawk originally looked like the Snowy Owl (it was called White Gyrfalcon).

So nah, I don't think "what's done is done" :P

But more color genetics then. Another line, more shades, purple as a base would be nice. I'm more into breeding and less into making the perfect pet with my starter, so just rainbow jaring them isn't what I want.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-03-06 05:55:02 — Link

I think that it is a good idea ^^ And creativity in skins shouldn't all fall to the users.. come people merely can't afford to buy the rainbow jar, or comission someone... or necessarily have the time to make their own ..(or skill/programs).. (I have LOADS of designs.. but no time to do lineart... also I'm bad at lineart...

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Restless
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-08 17:52:22 — Link

Thanks Nightingale. :) The site has a heavy focus toward breeding. Babies don't get their parent's rainbow jarred skins. So that's a poor subsitute anyway.

By the way Ankokou I saw you post on another forum that you don't like/breed Cockatrices because you find them boring. You don't think their rather plain patterns is part of that?

It's obvious the Cockatrice and Dragons' patterns/colors were an afterthought compared to the other species, which is fine to start, but no reason to not improve it.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla