Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < Get Rid of Exploration Move Animation

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Malfunction
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-06 02:25:43 — Link

When you press a move button or arrow key. You see the corresponding gold arrow pop up and then the mini beast move across one space.

I think the animation is too long, like 1.5-2 seconds per move. Much more if lag is present.

If the animation is removed, exploration would go much quicker.

• RedRarebit
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-06 02:30:30 — Link

Maybe make it an option to turn the animation on or off? I admit, I'm not a fan of it, but I can see how it would make some people happy.

* Winter is coming *

• Malfunction
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-06 03:24:57 — Link

Yes, an option for it would work best. :)

I admit, I really liked the animation when I first joined, especially when my pet matches the mini-beast. But after awhile, it now just feels slow. x-x

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-06 03:30:45 — Link

Support.

I can understand why it was done but really I just want to explore as quickly as possible and be done with it.

• Haberdasher
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-06 04:58:09 — Link

Definite support, particularly for it being optional. I too would rather just explore quickly.

#33507 on Aywas

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-03-06 05:50:09 — Link

It seems to be a lot slower than when I first joined... There are more users now so it is to be expected... but I have very bad internet as it is.

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-06 12:06:35 — Link

Animation doesn't take time. The query to server does. An arrow appears only to smoothen the visual aspect of waiting, and it will be visible for exactly that time which is needed to receive a response from server. Removing an arrow won't make the exploration faster.

• Malfunction
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-06 12:44:53 — Link

Aw, so there's really no way to decrease the wait time?

• RushingWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-07 21:31:32 — Link

Would it be possible to turn off the animation?

• Tearex
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-08 02:03:06 — Link

If the arrow animation isn't the problem, then maybe it would help if there were an option to select the square you want your pet to move to.

So, you could choose a square that is some distance from your pet in one of the four directions, and wait for the pet to make it there. This might be less frustrating than having to repeatedly click and wait. 

It would be especially useful after the island is revealed and the portal is way back on the other side....

• Kayla-La
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-08 04:19:47 — Link

"Animation doesn't take time. The query to server does. An arrow appears only to smoothen the visual aspect of waiting, and it will be visible for exactly that time which is needed to receive a response from server. Removing an arrow won't make the exploration faster."

This seems really inefficient. Wouldn't it be better to have the server create everything as soon as you enter the map instead of making requests every time you move, or am I misunderstanding something?

• tallman
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-08 10:44:38 — Link

This seems really inefficient. Wouldn't it be better to have the server create everything as soon as you enter the map instead of making requests every time you move, or am I misunderstanding something?

I believe server already creates everything as you enter island. The reason you send request, and waiting for its response, for each move is security. Suggested way would be much faster, but can be easily tricked.

• Kayla-La
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-09 01:50:11 — Link

I believe server already creates everything as you enter island. The reason you send request, and waiting for its response, for each move is security. Suggested way would be much faster, but can be easily tricked.

Hmmm. Maybe, but there has to be a better way than it currently is now. It's really pretty slow and I could see it annoying people into leaving with how exploring is such a big part of the game.

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-10 06:21:31 — Link

There's no better way. Do you know javascript well? Players who do will earn millions each days by spending 5 minutes in case of processing on the client side. It won't hurt us but will hurt the players.

We're planning to boost the perfomance of island explore but it's not top priority task since the response time doesn't exceed 0.5 seconds. If you have bigger response time, please say what country and city are you from (so we can check the ping time from our server to you) and what browser are you using. Also you can check your ping time with connection quality testing services like speedtest.net

• Malfunction
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-10 09:46:15 — Link

I wish I new how to code even a tidbit of what you guys must have wrote for this site! Glad to hear explore will be looked to eventually. Gives me some hope that it will be a lot better in the future.

I'm from the U.S.A., using Firefox with a speedtest.net ping of 35ms to closest server.

My response time varies quite a bit. Sometimes I do get a fast response. Rarely, it also went to as high as 3-4 seconds(for 1-2 moves before returning to normal) or screen froze a bit due to a lag spike or something. Maybe I was exploring when too many other users were also exploring/online?

My average is about 1 to 2 seconds per move. The timing is from the press of the arrow til I see the minibeast stop on the next space. Not bad timing per se, but going exploring about 5 times per pet on sometimes large maps makes exploring kind of time-consuming.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla