Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < Reincarnation

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-05 23:42:06 — Link

I suggest that when a pet gets to level 50, you allow us to reincarnate the pet. What this would do is reset its level and stats back down to level 1 levels but it would add genetic power level 1 to the pet.

The reason I think this is needed is that there are surely lots of people that will become attached to their pets and feel disappointed that though they can get those pets to max level (50) they will never be able to raise those pets' genetic power level which means they will never be able to make that pet as strong as possible. The pet's offspring will obviously be stronger because of it, but I feel like there should be a way to do this by just raising the pet up.

Obviously the system would need to be tweaked a little, because as I currently understand it breed 2 level 50s together results in a genetic power level 1 child. If reincarnation were possible then you could reincarnate both parents to genetic power level 1, breed them, and since they are both GPL1 the resulting child would be GPL2. So, obviously it would need to be that level 50 is the same as GPL1 so that even if they reincarnate, the child would only result as GPL1 unless the parents were GPL1 + level 50, or GPL2.

To me, this system would make more sense anyways since in the examples, if a parent is GPL2 and the other GPL1, then if the infant is 51% or more of the GPL2 parent, the child also is GPL2, which would seem to be a direct extension of level 50 being equivalent to 1 GPL.

Anyways, feel free to comment or suggest whatever to maybe add or improve to this idea. If you like my ideas please post a comment with support.

• koben
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-06 01:37:03 — Link

maybe instead of reincarnating them, cause then you still run into the end of the pet once its reaches gpl 3, they Pristage (kinda like if you have ever played the dongen and dragons/or call of duty)

pristeaging would aslo give a player more to do if you reached a gp3 with the best possible genes, (oh look i beat the game.what else is there to do)  once you hit this point stats are the only thing left to build on and pristeaing whould help a whole lot.

edit: though in the case of reincarnatin/ or pristeaging the breeding count should NOT reset the count is to prevent overpopulation and to make breeding worth something so doing something like this should not revert it to 0/# it would stat at what it was.

pristaging will reset to lvl 1 all genes will remain the same. stats would be passed on like it was breed to itself so to say. and one stat would get a +10 boost.

in theroy this way you could pristage over and over and over again.

one you hit lvl 50 one of 6 button will appear on the page one per stat. this is where you +10 boost would come form.

inorder to pass on gp to an offspring you should optimly breed it befor you pristage it.

maybe also everytime you pristage it you earn a gold coin (kinda like on howrse where you raise a mortal horse to 30 and then leting it go to heaven you get a pass)

you hero would also get mini trophys for how many times you pristeaged it :3.

The way i think i understand breeding is lvl50 x lvl49(or less) = no gp

none lvl 50 x none lvl 50 = gp1

gp1 x none level 49(or less) = gp1 or no gp not quit sure.

gp1 lvl50 x gp1 lvl50 = gp2

lvl 50 gp1 x none lvl 50 = gp2?

i think inorder for the gp to increase it has to be breed to a lvl 50.

• Malfunction
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-06 02:30:00 — Link

I like both of your ideas.I reincarnation system would be wonderful, as I'm not much of a breeder and would rather concentrate on my favorites.

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-06 03:29:16 — Link

Hmm, I dunno.
It isn't too hard to get one pet to level 50 really and I think it's a bit overpowered to just reincarnate them at that point and I don't feel the current GP system needs to be overhauled to accommodate this.

Still, I like the idea but here is my suggestion on how to implement it.

First idea; another blueprint/structure we can build. A shrine or altar.
It would have to be rare and expensive, but once built level 50 pets could be reincarnated at that site. Maybe too, to keep it from being over-used it would take 72 hours to reincarnate a pet, so you could only do one every three days.

Alternatively, add in some kind of reputation/completed quest counter and allow "hero pets" to reincarnate after they've done a certain number of deeds and feats.
Right now there is no incentive to use your best pets in quests, actually it's best to send the "worst" ones possible and keep your best ones home gaining energy. Perhaps some kind of completed quest-counter could be added to our pets. After completing some arbitrary number they would be declared heroes and allowed to reincarnate.

I would support something like that, additional requirements besides just being level 50.

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-03-06 05:57:29 — Link

I do like Anakokou's idea... especially because I never send my best pet questing unless they are the only ones that fit the bill.

I also like the idea of prestige that Koben suggested. I think this would let us continue to use our pets.

Once they reach a certain level then they should have perks for questing... maybe they make a bit more, of have a higher chance at finding an item. Otherwise my 'worst' pets are questing...

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla