Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Suggestions < Twice daily Quest Updates?

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• RedRarebit
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-05 17:58:04 — Link

Not entirely sure how popular this is goingt o be, but...

I think the quests could do with being rotated twice a day instead of just once. Also, the quests with awesome prizes keep showing up really, really often.

I think if we turned down the frequency of the quests that paid out so much, it wouldn't upset the balance if we got the quests refresh twice daily.

I get the feeling I could word this clearer, but;

• Reduce the frequency of quests with a high payout in order to -
  • Change the quests twice daily instead of once.

* Winter is coming *

• emmie1977
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-05 18:12:14 — Link

personally, i'm happy for them to be once a day, since i usually set my pets on the applicable quests just before i go to bed

• koben
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-05 19:46:31 — Link

support .. yesterday i could only complete one quest i wish i had of screened it cause ALL the other 4 required a genetic pot of 2 or 3 ... thats not even fair yet.

even if the quests dont get rotated twice at least tweat down rate quests with obeseen requirements happen.

and for the furture when people can complete those notso obeseen quests (anymore) , there could be a daily quest completion prize.

• seph
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-05 20:12:00 — Link

Well when you have an embassy you already get 7 quests, maybe let us upgrade the embassy to get another batch of quests when we hit a 'use' botton.

Otherwise people who are only online once a day might just loose out on a lot of quests.

Pet Sales

Item Sales

Need a pet for building?

Then visit the Builders Help to get an assistant.

• koben
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-05 21:12:20 — Link

maybe to help the people that can only get on once aday give them an option to have a free "reroll" on the quests. you may not have a pet that is assigned to a quest to take the reroll. but if you take the reroll you dont get to go back to the other set of quests so its a gamble.

if you have an embassy you get the option to reroll and choose which "roll" you like better.

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-05 21:25:40 — Link

I like Koben's idea actually, if anything is done. Let us re-roll them once, but only for quests we haven't completed.

Or maybe give us the opportunity to reject a quest, and another quest will replace the rejected one in a set number of hours. But we can only reject a certain number of quests a day.

But I don't support doubling the amount of quests, even with the tweak.

However I do wonder if it should be tweaked. I've had three and four gold-level quests at once, I think maybe one of those a day sounds about right, two if you are lucky.

Maybe a "quest reputation" system could be put in place. You earn points for every quest completed and the more you complete the more your reputation increases with the quest-givers. When your reputation is low expect a lot of bronze, maybe a couple silver quests but as it increases you'll get better quests. I dunno but that could be something and would be an additional reward to doing quests in the long run.

• RedRarebit
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-05 21:51:09 — Link

I'm liking the option to 'reroll' the quests once a day, or the 'reject/replace' option.

* Winter is coming *

• koben
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-05 22:10:11 — Link

thinks more on the rerolling- you get one free quest to reroll.

embasy built: you get to reroll up to 3 quests you take the reroll

embassy +rank 1 standing - 4 quests pick best option

rank 2 5 quests pick best (final reward)

yes quest levels also sounds like a good option. and if so add a forth level the Diamond. these diamond teirs would have a 0% chance to apper if you are on low quest standing, 3% at the next advancement. and 6% thereafter

the diamond teir would award no less than 11k

may be the standings would have 3 levels

Newbie adventurer - you are unknow to the other adventures you are only alwoud to take on the quests that others do not want cause these are the safe ones. 80% will be bronze 15% silver and 5% gold like if you do a weeks worth of questing you would be lucky to get 1-3 golds, possibly 7-10 silver (like one a day)

mediocre - you have turned in a share of quest other borkers/landowners/ and nobles are starting to see you often. 50% bronze 30% silver, 17% gold, 3% diamond. (one diamond every other week at best)

Well known champion: - you have turned in every quest every quild knows your name, even the king himself(or president) has reconized your achevments. you now will see

45% 35% 22% 8% (at best you would see 1 diamond a week maybe)

second as i was thinking the quests should give the heros exp as well sence they are tied up to where you cant train them to get them to possibly do better quest.
-all bronze = 10-25 exp, silver 50-75, gold 90-110, diamond would just be an instant level -maybe for capped pets the exp could be turned into coin but its not required.

also i think that the quest times should have a virity of lenghts ...

the bronze level quest that pays out 100c should not take as long as a quest that pays out 1k+

and i think a quest that rewards 6k+ should take more than 4 hours like wise (and to be fair the higher the level of the quest the more energy it needs.)

basicly a bronze teir = 1-2 hours requires 1-4 energy

silver = the standard 4 hours 3-6 enercy

gold could take up to 6-8 hours 5-9 energy

and the "suggested" diamond takes a full day and the pet needed 10 energy

Also as a bonus to put on an upgraded account an extra quest per day would not hurt too much. (6 quest without embassy as opposed to 5)

• RedRarebit
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-05 23:26:49 — Link

I - don't think I really understand this tier system thats being discussed, sorry. It seems very complicated to me XD

So I think for now I just support the idea of:

• Being able to reroll quests once a day.
  • Lowering the frequency of higher-payout quests.

* Winter is coming *

• irrimn
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-05 23:47:06 — Link

I agree with the ability to re-roll either the full list of quests that are incomplete or being able to reject certain quests a certain number of times a day and get a new quest. I think 3 would be a good number since you can currently get 5 quests that'd be over half which gives a good chance to get a quest you can complete. If you have the ability to get 7 quests then it should be 4 re-rolls.

I don't really get the what tier system so I'm going to have to disagree with that since it seems more complicated than it should be to get the job done.

Although I'm not against the idea of them adding some sort of secondary reward for number of quests completed maybe they could do that in some sort of achievement or badge system. IE 1st quest complete, 10 quests completed, 25 quests completed, 50 quests completed, 100 quests completed, etc. Which would give a sense of progression to the quest system as it is instead of just being a good way to earn money.

• lakaishia
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-07 20:42:37 — Link

I really like the tier system. It might be that I've seen way too many pet sites to understand what it is XD

I think the tier system would make one more willing to do quest. I'm lucky to be on even once a day because there isn't much interactivity here yet.

• RushingWolf
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-07 21:26:04 — Link

I support the tier system.

I have two quests right now that need the genetics and I only joined 2 or 3 days ago. The tier system will let people complete more quests. And I also support the less time for lower tier quests since waiting 4 hours for 100 and 10,000 silver doesn't really look right.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla