Boards < Community < Writing < Blue(short story)

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• JustAnotherBurgerJoint
  • User

Posted at 2018-10-14 17:51:25 — Link

Blue. It was all she could see. The world painted in shades of azure and cerulean. Her eyes flicked over everything, mesmerized by the colours swirling around her. A touch of a hand on her shoulder jolted Saori out of her trance. She glanced up at her older brother. He blinked solemnly at her. “I’m sorry, Senru.” Saori apologized,” I couldn’t help myself. They just looked so pretty.” Senru smiled fondly at his sister and wiped a smudge of his blue paints off the table they had been spilled on. Saori looked nervous. “You’re not mad?” she asked Senru. The teen shook his head resolutely. He picked up the paper towels and began to sop up the spilled paints. Saori frowned and began helping clean. “I was the one that spilled all your paints, why are you cleaning it up?” Senru smiled, shaking his head. “You’re not cleaning?” Senru pulled a blank canvas from a stack in the corner, put it on his easel and began painting with the blue-soaked paper towel. Saori was amazed. “It’s so pretty…” Senru smiled and set up a smaller easel with another canvas, took his sister’s hand and led her over to it. “For me?” Saori asked, pointing to herself. Senru nodded, indicating that she should paint. By the time their father had come home from work, both Saori and Senru’s hands were stained blue and two paintings were drying, one, a messy finger painting, the other, a snowstorm over a lake, both painted in blue.

Who needs sleep when you have coffee?

• TheRealBatman
  • User

Posted at 2018-12-14 20:10:25 — Link

This is quite adorable.

• arete
  • User

Posted at 2018-12-24 15:46:00 — Link

Have you ever considered submitting to Flash fiction online? Under 1000 words. This would be lovely with a little exposition - how old the kids are, if she annoys her brother a lot, or not, add a little here or there. 

If you're under 18 you get a lot of feedback and writing help, even if you don't get published. :)

Whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Random acts of senseless kindness.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla