Boards < Community < Roleplay < Mysteries of Inaba High [ O+A ]

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• natepeach
  • User

Posted at 2018-03-01 02:27:10 — Link

// hey y'all! not sure how active the rp community is here, but I came across it while surfing and decided I would very much like to try and get back into swing. haven't rped in a very long time, but I hope I've set everything up here okay!

Synopsis:
The rural, countryside town of Inaba...nestled between the floodplains of the Japanese countryside, it prides itself on its cuisine and its traditionally-styled inn. Its scenery is vast and beautiful, and its high school has the best curriculum you can get (in the sticks, that is.)

It's a very peaceful town. However, someone, somewhere, seems determined to disrupt this.

A string of drastic crimes has been committed within the streets of Inaba, ranging from the ravaging of stores to mysterious assaults. And the perpetrator, elusive as they are, is nowhere to be found.
To make matters worse, after their most recent strike they have decided to leave a corpse in their wake. The police force is exhausted. And a peculiar club at Inaba High has begun to mobilize...

---------------------------------------------------------

In case you aren't familiar with the series, this RP is loosely based on the plot of Persona 4 (with a bit of Persona 3 dashed in as well)!
You'll be playing the part of one of the members of Inaba High's Playing Cards Club, which is a front: the club really serves as a gathering for a group of teens who have discovered that they are 
strangely in tune with the supernatural. All club members can summon a Persona, based on their inner personality, when they traverse into a parallel world through their club room's broom closet. There, they find that the notorious Inaba criminal has been leaving clues towards their next target, and they work together to find this criminal's identiy and stop their wrath against the town.

Application:
Name: Your character's name
Brief description, nothing special
History: Another brief description
Appearance:
Pictures are optional; a description is fine!
Weapon: For combat against the supernatural (and the supernatural ONLY, mind you.) You will be running into some pretty weird creatures here!
Other: Any other info you'd like to add

Persona's Name:
The name of your character's Persona
Persona's Appearance:
Pics optional once again
Persona's Arcana:
Choose a tarot card arcana for your Persona!
Persona's Element: Your Persona gets elemental powers. Pretty sweet
What It Represents: What is your character's "other self"? What hidden part of their personality does it represent!

---------------------------------------------------------

My Character:
Name: Hideaki Jarek
Personality: 
Laid-back and lighthearted, yet competitive. A bit eccentric, and can be a little cocky at times. Cracks jokes at all the wrong times, a trait which is unfortunately paired with a rather dark sense of humor.
History: His father is American, while his mother is Japanese. He was born in Japan, yet his parents' jobs require them to travel constantly, so he lives with his grandmother in Inaba. He's a hockey player and paints as a hobby.
Appearance:
Mousy brown hair that is naturally wavy, which leads to quite the bedhead at times. His eyes are dark brown and he has a slightly tan complexion.
Weapon: Hockey sticks and throwing knives, sometimes combined
Other: N/A

Persona's Name: Xerxes
Persona's Appearance:
A phantom-like creature adorning ostentatious armor and a coat-collar of spikes. Wields a regal spear and a fiery gaze.
Persona's Arcana:
The Emperor
Persona's Element: Fire
What It Represents: Hideaki's anger and reluctance to trust/show weakness. Due to moving around for a while and not having any strong parental figures, he closes himself off from others and gives himself high standards, yearning for power to make up for his insecurities and loneliness. 

Rules are typical, should-be-obvious RP rules! No controlling other people's characters and no explicit content. And please stick to the storyline! This isn't supposed to be super serious, but I think the storyline is what makes it the most fun.
I was also planning on playing teachers/any NPC's that might appear, but of course if your character has relatives/pets or anything, that should be up to you. If you'd like to help develop the town's characters though by all means hit me UP

— TAKE YOUR HEART!

• HD7547
  • User

Posted at 2018-05-27 22:01:35 — Link

This sounds awesome, but I don't even know what Persona 4 is...

Edit: So it's a video game? (I looked it up)

• natepeach
  • User

Posted at 2018-05-27 22:38:39 — Link

Yeah, it’s a turn-based RPG! Tbh you don’t really need to know a lot about it to join, I’m only swiping the Persona concept from it hahh.

— TAKE YOUR HEART!

• HD7547
  • User

Posted at 2018-06-05 19:37:40 — Link

I seeeee... well yeah I'm definitely interested.

• Kirorokat1132
  • User

Posted at 2018-07-16 10:28:01 — Link

((Is this still going? I've only seen some of a Persona anime, but this seems like it'd be fun!))

Application:
Name:  Saika Takanada
Personality:
 Saika is the blunt type of person to definitely call things as she sees them and will give honest criticisms when asked or warranted. She's open-minded and more than willing to take responsibility for her own mistakes, and welcomes the same sort of honest-but-helpful critiques she dishes out. That said, she doesn't really beat around the bush so sometimes she comes across as short to people that aren't used to her. She can also come across as really lazy and unmotivated when she thinks something is pointless and/or uninteresting.

Saika isn't very good at expressing her feelings if they're too personal and tries not to get too invested in a lot of things to avoid having to deal with any emotional backlash later. That said, she likes to make people laugh and has a good sense of humor. She's somewhat brash, free-spirited, and sarcastic, and is slightly infamous for her "tough love" toward others she feels are neglecting some aspect of their health. She hates seeing anyone miserable and will try to comfort them, but she's actually really socially awkward and bad at it.
History: Saika lives with and was raised by her single mother, Haruka. They moved around quite a bit in her lifetime due to Haruka being young when she birthed her daughter and having no support from her rather manipulative family. They moved to Inaba when Saika was 14, and it's honestly been the longest they've stayed in one place. Consequently, this is where Saika's hesitance to get really attached stems from.
Appearance: 
Saika's a  wee bit on the short side and has textured black hair that reaches the bottom of her shouder blades, which she usually keeps up in a pony tail 'casuse she likes how it spikes. Her skin is a bit darker than that of a typical Japanese person's, likely due to her father's genetics, which is also where she suspects her honey-colored eyes come from. Go-to clothing for her are tank-tops and pants -cargo or jeans- or shorts if it's hot.
Weapon: Baseball bat and knuckle dusters.
Other: She has a grey-blue, female pitbull named Sparta who she loves dearly and is a huge animal lover.

Persona's Name: 
Diar
Persona's Appearance: 
Diar is a giant, raven-like creature covered in pangolin-like scales beneath its feathers.It has a melancholic wail rather than the caw of its non-supernatural counterpart and a reptilian tail.
Persona's Arcana: 
The Moon
Persona's Element: Wind
What It Represents: Diar represent's Saika's general distrust of others that she tries not to show, as well as her long-standing depression and unhappiness. She's become something of a cynic due to her familial experiences and inability to make actual, lasting friendships and believes that life is pretty much pointless and that people generally only want you around if you're useful to them but will pull the rug out from under you either way eventually. 

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla