Boards < General < General Chat < Squads

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• yellowfang777
  • User

Posted at 2017-11-24 15:27:10 — Link

So what are your tips + tricks or genes you look for in pets for squads?

discuss~

<YELLOWFANG'S SIGNATURE HERE>

yeet

• RaptorKitty
  • User

Posted at 2017-11-24 20:34:17 — Link

Get perfect Lykos from LadyChipmunk and use them

• Sheliak
  • User

Posted at 2017-11-25 02:39:38 — Link

I've only got the two squads, so I'm not going to consider myself an expert, but this is what I've got:  

My first squad was basically picked to have a wide range of tactics options. In retrospect, they're not the best as a group (the unicorn would be more useful on a movement or defence focused squad, while the rest are heavily attack-based), but they do all right. 

The squad I like better is four Lykos with Ice Breath + Berserker + Hound + Tireless Heart + Ice Aura and no negative genes. This squad has the Deadly Frost tactic, which is very useful when it activates (although not a cure-all); when it doesn't, their 4- and 2-point attacks still give them decent chances at victory.  I know other players go for Counterstrike instead of Berserker; I haven't tried that combo yet, though I mean to! 

More general advice, some of it probably very obvious: 

Some moves can only be used once in the same round, so don't set more than one of your pets to use these moves! Leadership and Tornado are the two I'm sure of; they can both be very useful, but it's counterproductive to have more than one pet in the same squad using them. 

Many moves can only be set twice if the pet has certain stats high enough; others score an extra point if certain stats are high enough. So make sure you distribute your squad members' stats to get the most out of their manuvers! 

Tactics (purple manuvers) unlock for GP pets after they've won a certain number of battles; some require certain genes as well. It can be worth it to build a squad around a particular tactic (e.g. for the tactic Manuevers to work you need a lot of movements, so you might look for pets with Tornado and Straffing Strike to put on a squad that will eventually use Manuevers.) 

• LadyChipmunk
  • User

Posted at 2017-11-29 15:14:19 — Link

Thanks for the shout out, RaptorKitty. :)

• yellowfang777
  • User

Posted at 2017-11-30 00:46:45 — Link

RaptorKitty (#58286) wrote:

Get perfect Lykos from LadyChipmunk and use them

This is actually quite helpful

<YELLOWFANG'S SIGNATURE HERE>

yeet

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla