Boards < Bugs & Suggestions < Bugs Archive < E-Mail Notifications: Broken Link & Impressions....

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• Nightingale

Posted at 2013-03-04 04:02:43 — Link

Okay so first off I was under the impression that I would be getting site notifications when I was outbid in an auction.. not e-mail ones... It's a bit of a pain to have my e-mail open when I'm on the site (However this was great for when I was not on the site- but online in other places....) It would be fantastic if it knew when I was offline and send e-mail updates, and when I was online it would do site updates.. but thats probably impossible/too much work to code. I'd be fine with notifications in both areas. (This belongs in suggestions, but perhaps it should be re-worded in the box that you will be recieving e-mail notifications)

Also when I recieved the notifications saying that I was outbid in an auction I had a link for the critter- but the link didn't work.... It didn't even send me anywhere/work. I can't even right-click to load the link to manually do it.

I am using Yahoo for mail and the newest version of firefox (it doesn't work in chrome or on my ipod either).

I can forward the e-mail if necessary.

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• evilRevan
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-04 04:49:12 — Link

I have this problem as well from time to time. 

Breeder of Lykos

• Angel
  • Game Developer

Posted at 2013-03-05 04:27:26 — Link

Nightingale, thanks for suggestion! Initially we supposed that triggers will be useful exactly for the users who are offline right now but don't want to miss something. We will implement the logic which checks if user online and sends him on-site notification instead of an email.

Concerning email links issue, we checked html structure for typos and sent several test emails, they're working and the syntax is ok there. Do you experience this problem only with our emails or with other sites too? I've googled a bit and found a lot of complaints about new Yahoo Mail not handling the links.

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla