Boards < General < Help < Deviants

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• DeadlyBurrito
  • User

Posted at 2017-09-21 11:45:37 — Link

Hi everyone!

I've been playing BK for about a week now, and I'm trying to breed deviants. So far, nothing, even though I have the right parents (double colour / pattern genes).

But apparently the children of the two parents aren't born with deviance, and it develops as they mature? If so, then how can I tell if they are devants at all? Or is there no way?

I'm also feeling a slight bit discourage in breeding deviants. I've bred double colour / pattern pets, and I know that there's only a 10% chance you'll get a deviant child, but I'm seriously not sure what I should do. My pet might not be able to breed any more before I get a deviant offspring! If there is any advice, please tell.

Thanks!

burrito
bʊˈriːtəʊ/
Weapon
A dangerous flying projectile.

Q: “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again?”

A:

• Marans
  • User

Posted at 2017-09-21 21:38:54 — Link

Baby beasts are born with deviance. It appears as an asterisk * after the colour name, and if you research their genetics there'll also be little stars by the dev genes. You just have to wait for them to grow up in order to see the special adult coat, but dev is marked from birth.

Yes, it's rare to get them, and if you're very unlucky a female beast might never have one. But keep trying and think positively. :) Sometimes I get no devs for ages, and then a sudden heap of them - usually when not even trying for them...

• DeadlyBurrito
  • User

Posted at 2017-09-23 09:22:04 — Link

Nice. Thank you!

burrito
bʊˈriːtəʊ/
Weapon
A dangerous flying projectile.

Q: “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again?”

A:

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla