Boards < General < General Chat < Pet Buying Preferences! What makes you buy one?

Boards

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

• Caribou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-04 03:41:51 — Link

Just out of curiosity, what makes you feel the need to purchase a new pet? It is the coat color? Stats? Genetics? Level? A combination of them?

I know that I'm going to largely stay out of the pet trade until I've built up my buildings first- but I if I ever saw a pet with no negative genetics and/or some green stats, in a color off my wishlist once I got them built/leveled to at least 2, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it even if it cost me all my silver. .____. Level wouldn't matter to me. :3 Nor would discovered genes, though every one is a definite plus.

So what makes you want to buy a pet? Or trade for one? 
*totally gonna use this for future reference, haha*

• Synesthesia
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-04 04:14:39 — Link

I prefer buying pets without reds unless I can tell what's causing them. XD

• Aibiki
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-04 04:14:54 — Link

Before, it was just getting one of each pet type for questing, now it's based on whether they have a high enough con score. I want to start building ;-;

#2132 on Aywas

• lililira
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-04 04:16:07 — Link

I really dislike it if a pet is already named. I prefer to name my pets myself.

• Synesthesia
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-04 04:18:35 — Link

I don't midn already named pets to be honest, I just don't want them named something like Bessy. XD Right now I'm trying to level my main pet for con so I can start building things. The con levels are a bit high I feel, and it takes a lot of work to get there.

• Amberfly
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-04 04:38:54 — Link

I don't mind if pets are named, and level doesn't matter too much because I can get them to that level myself. I won't bid on pets with more than two red stats, unless they have green ones to balance them. Price is also a factor--if there is no buyout or a very high buyout I don't usually bid, or if the starting bid is more than 1000-1500. Researched genetics are a plus, but not a must-have for me if the stats are good. Although, if I saw one with lousy stats but really good recessive traits I'd probably bid on it.

• Caribou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-04 04:54:42 — Link

Ahh, well that makes sense. I agree that I'd prefer to know what gene was causing the red if I was interested in buying (or keeping) one that was otherwise what I needed. Although, if the parents of the pet have had their genes researched, you can make a pretty good guess what's the problem. Also looking over the genes list and comparing the genetic modifier number of the red stat can give you ideas for that. ^^ Like my gryphon, for example- the gene causing his decrease in constitution is unknown right now; however, if you hover over that red stat, divide the genetics modifier by the basic value, you get approx. 25% decrease. Going over to the genetics library, looking under Gryphon, I find that the gene for Fragile Bones does a con. reduction by 25%. I can infer then that he has dominant Fragile Bones, since his agility is not green and therefore not indicative of Light Bones, instead. 8D *detective skillz, aww yeah*

Aggggh, I hear you guys on the constitution stats. x.x It is really, really frustrating to have to wait to get to around level 15-20 for your pets to be able to build level 2! My white dragon is so close, man, so close! >.< *flails*

I'm not too bothered by pre-named pets; after all, further down the road I can just give them an Amnesia Potion if the name is really terrible. *shrugs* And in my mind, they have the name I give them anyways- not the one they come with. .-. But left nameless is definitely a plus when buying. *nods*

• Synesthesia
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-04 05:14:12 — Link

I also agree with the buyout price. I know I sometimes put starting bid at 2000 for unicorns I sell, but I've usually spent at least that much uncovering ALL their genes. A fully researched pet should come with a high price tag I feel. <

• Caribou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-04 06:07:41 — Link

And somehow I missed Amberfly's reply, despite refreshing this page in another window right before I posted. O.o Weird.

Yeah, I also agree with the buyout pricing. I do like to know that if I really want the pet, I can just post the buyout and get it if it's reasonable- especially with the pet trade system having problems with letting people bid twice on a pet like it does. :/ *first and last experience with pet auctions* And like Synesthesia said, if the pet has had all their genes done then I don't mind paying a bit more for it as a starting bid- that's only fair, really.

• Ankokou
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-04 06:08:45 — Link

I mainly pay attention to stats, boosted or hurt, and any revealed genes. I will still buy pets with red stats depending on genes if genes are shown. However a pet with hidden genes and the same number of red stats is less appealing since I don't know if it has any nice recessive genes I can try to breed for.

Color is a nice bonus but doesn't break a deal if the stats or genes are okay. Same goes for gender. Level too, I don't buy based on level but if a pet is a higher level and has genes or stats I want I will pay more.

Now, for being named... I don't mind but I do mind if they are named something incredibly stupid or entirely against my taste. If they have an awful name they are going to need some good genes or stats to make it worth it.

• Rien
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-06 16:54:04 — Link

Personally, I only buy nameless pets.  I'm also extremely picky with genetics XD  I don't generally buy pets with red stats.  I don't care one way or the other about uncovered stats but it's sort of a gamble to buy when they're covered.  Level does't really matter to me, nor does coat color unless it's a color I don't particularly like.

Twitter: WilsonQueli

Amazon Author: Wilson Queli

Facebook: Wilson Queli

• Haberdasher
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-06 23:29:51 — Link

I'm a bit addicted to pet buying honestly. ;3;

I don't care if it's named as long as the name is reasonable. (Particular things that annoy me- overly long names, and names that aren't capitalized at the front. A bunch of words smushed together, chatspeak, and use of things that aren't letters also turns me off.) It's usually about color for me, with only a bit of consideration into genetics and level, though multiple red stats without any green may make me reconsider and a high level certainly never hurts. Researching stats is another plus that I don't consider all that much, unless one of the recessives is something I really want. I also tend to care about price, though again, there are definitely exceptions.

#33507 on Aywas

• RedRarebit
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-06 23:52:53 — Link

If its named, I want it to be an okay name, with proper capitalization. As few reds as possible, no custom skin and for it to be a colouration I don't have. 

Level and greens don't really matter to me. Ideally, I'd like it to be a low gen pet as well.

* Winter is coming *

• starbit
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-07 01:10:22 — Link

I would like to buy good genes but it's costly to research them and then sell them so I mostly decide if I want to buy the pet off of its stats.

• koben
  • User

Posted at 2013-03-07 01:33:03 — Link

factors that effect my buying

i fit has them i pass over it:

no reds

inbreeding/degeneration

preferences:

nameless

and green stats.

« Prev | 1 2 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper