Boards < New Player Hall < Introduction < Greetings lower lifeforms! Just kidding please don't hate me

Boards

« Prev | 1 | Next »

• TeaBeast
  • User

Posted at 2017-08-27 23:45:46 — Link

Hey! This is TeaBeast! I really love tea.It is the sweet nectar that keeps me sane! I'm new here, but I think I'm really going to love it! I geocache if anyone does that and wants to chat about that weird part of my life! I love to chat so message me if you want!

• Nightingale

Posted at 2017-08-28 19:33:56 — Link

Hello Teabeast. Welcome to Beastkeeper! I hope you like it here. Let me know if you have any questions!

I enjoyed locally geocaching (at our few places), always thought it was cool and would like to do it more if I had the time. What do you love most about it?? 

I also LOVE tea. It's an obsession.

Always looking for Expand Stable Scrolls

Chan eil aon chànan gu leòr

• TeaBeast
  • User

Posted at 2017-08-28 23:53:45 — Link

I love finding all the really creative caches that people hide. My favourite one was near my brother's school and you had to climb a tree to get it andthere was a huge pile of logs and in one there was a cover that you had to slide across and turn upside down to get to the cache inside. It was amazing! What's your favourite sort of tea?

• Nightingale

Posted at 2017-08-29 19:42:15 — Link

Mmm, that is fun! My favorite cache was one that was actually in school (the one that kinda started it all) in the library. We had a teacher that loved Geocaching). It was in the "older" book section where most kids didn't really go under a very drab and boring title. The book was hollowed out and inside was the cache. 

I liked geocaching (the few times I did it) because it remided me of a real-life version of the puzzle game MYST in some ways. Super fun! 

Hmm.. I love black tea and oolongs. I'm not much into green teas unless they have a fruity taste to them. I also love herbal teas/tisanes. Nettle is probably one of my FAVORITES. It reminds me of a hayfield and has such a mellow and earthy taste. I also love Raspberry leaf (started drinking it for cramps, but found I loved the stuff!)- it's slightly similar to nettle in taste. 

I have random bouts of liking rooibos and chai... I need to be "in the mood" for it. 

I just got back from Scotland and was there for two weeks campign and hiking. I had tea most nights and morning (easy to whip up on the fire) and whenever we went to any places to eat.I love black tea with flavors and I found a lovely heather tea (my name is Heather actually) and it was delicious!  My new favorite. I like just a whipser of cream or milk with it. I brought loads of it home :) 

What is yours favorite tea and why?

• TeaBeast
  • User

Posted at 2017-08-30 01:47:48 — Link

I haven't actually done much experimenting with tea, but I'm very fond of green tea and nothing can beat a cup of PG Tips in the morning. Mint tea is also amazing, especiallywhen you've grown the mint in the garden! I shall have to try and get my hands on some of that Heather tea because it sounds delicious!

That library cache sounds really cool! I was planning to do a similar one in a library a few miles from my town. I was going to try to get it in one of the ones in my town, but there were just too many caches around to place it. This'll (hopefully)be my first cache to hide so I'm trying to cobble together a letter to the manager about it. I'm going for a hollow book too but I feel really bad cutting up perfectly good books. I'm going to try and find a hard back copy of Lord of the flies to do it and print out a cover with the geocaching logo on it!

• Nightingale

Posted at 2017-08-30 23:14:44 — Link

Ohh Mint is great. I have a few varieties in my garden at home (I love gardening and have a great deal of land that I have a mini-homestead on that I am turning into a farmstead. 

The Heather tea is AMAZING. This is the one I got (but I bought it in a metal tin in Scotland as looseleaf). I'm sure you can get it in looseleaf too, and I'm sure there are other kinds: https://www.amazon.com/Edinburgh-Tea-Coffee-Company-Heather/dp/B0015YVIWO/ref=sr_1_3_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1504123885&sr=8-3&keywords=heather+tea 

Ohhhh, Lord of the Flies is a great choice! I think the one in our library was a math or physics book - something most kids would not grab on accident. What goes into making a cache? Besides the location and the actual cache? Is there some sort of registry or something? 

I remember another one being under a paving stone at a park in town. That one was good... but the person just dug a hole which wasn't sp great when it was wet. Eventually, they grabbed a watertight plastic container! Much better :) 

How did you get started geocaching? 

• TeaBeast
  • User

Posted at 2017-08-31 00:57:20 — Link

Thank you for the link! I'll be sure to try it out!!

I think to hide a cache, you have to get the exact co-ordinates first, then get permission from the owner/manager who is in charge of the land and then submit it and it gets looked over by a reviewer who checks everything. At least I think that's what happens. I haven't hidden any yet so I'm not entirely sure.

I studied Lord of the Flies for my English literature GCSE and it is just such a miserable book! I did love arguing with all the people in the class about symbolism and stuff though. That was a great class. 

That stone one sounds cool! There was one at the Workhouse graveyard at the top of my street which had a really sad history behind it. All the poor people that died in the workhouse were just buried in unmarked graves and forgotten about. It's a wee forest now and the only thing left to mark it is a stone sign. That one was interesting not only for that,but for the huge wasps nest right behind the cache. That wasn't so much interesting as painful for my poor mum who removed the cache.

I actually only started two months ago now. I was looking for something to do over the summer when I came across it and I had nothing better to do so I just dove right into it!

How did you find Scotland? Did you try a haggis supper at one of the Chippys? 

« Prev | 1 | Next »

Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of BeastKeeper
Xsolla